Potential replacement coaches

34 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

My apologies to everyone last night, I may not want to drink 3 days in a row again.  I didn’t mean to derail this thread. Wowsers!!!😳🤦‍♂️

When it comes to derailing this thread, your help wasn't needed to do so.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

My apologies to everyone last night, I may not want to drink 3 days in a row again.  I didn’t mean to derail this thread. Wowsers!!!😳🤦‍♂️

Darn 0708...if only YOU wouldn’t derail we’d have a very focused thread. 

(Said NO one EVER) 😂  

35 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

So I put the iPad down last night with the knowledge that the Matta report was wrong. I wake this morning and look to see if I missed anything and apparently I missed the Battle of Gettysburg part II, the vetting of Dana Altman, and another revisiting of RMK.  I am going to have to quit sleeping. 

RMK plays a major role in this coaching search...seems people forget he was no "home run" hire.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

RMK plays a major role in this coaching search...seems people forget he was no "home run" hire.

Agreed. We semi got lucky. If it requires luck again so be it. But one of the blessing RMK gave us is that we are now a historic program that doesn’t HAVE to lean on luck anymore.

52 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Get ahold of yourself, man! Lol🤣

....No apologies necessary!!! We need you at your best, at the front lines, nose to the ground.....👀👂🏼👃🏼🕵🏻‍♂️

5D5E9EC1-E87F-421F-BF93-A5732D0E8DE7.gif

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not sure why, my sources have been crap lately.  

....probably already know the answer but,....would any of these sources, (your’s or Chris007’s), have any reason to pass false info to divert attention and protect the “front-liners”, making the final decisions?

49 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i get what you're saying, but if you have any inside sources, you probably can't come out and say, "Well, my source is ........ and he says...."  that person wouldn't be your source for long!

For the record, I wasn't asking to divulge sources. I was interested in knowing who the coaches were that made the statement.

That being said, I apologize for my part in last night's conversation. Didn't mean for it to get so sidetracked and heated. 

11 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

....probably already know the answer but,....would any of these sources, (your’s or Chris007’s), have any reason to pass false info to divert attention and protect the “front-liners”, making the final decisions?

I made a post joking about that yesterday (probably 50 pages back now....haha). On a serious note, no way the front-liners purposely release false information regarding Matta's health as a diversion tactic. Not only is it a horrible thing to do ethically, but that's a law suit waiting to happen. 

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

I made a post joking about that yesterday (probably 50 pages back now....haha). On a serious note, no way the front-liners purposely release false information regarding Matta's health. Not only is it a horrible thing to do ethically, but that's a law suit waiting to happen. 

I’m not talking about sources releasing info on personal health issues....I’m just talking about various, potential candidates. The press can obviously pick apart and run with seemingly, juicy things like that...

27 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well they did, I was told Brad was done deal.  I can’t see that one in particular being done on purpose or any for that matter.  If they don’t won’t stuff to leak out, it’s pretty simple to zip the lip.  

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I’m not talking about sources releasing info on personal health issues....I’m just talking about various, potential candidates. The press can obviously pick apart and run with seemingly, juicy things like that...

Some people are interviewed for the coaching vacancy some are interviewed for their basketball knowledge to help make a more informed decision. The meetings in Bloomington and Indianapolis and wherever else are just part of the process. My apologies to Mr. Dolson as he is not like Hlass in my opinion.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Well they did, I was told Brad was done deal.  I can’t see that one in particular being done on purpose or any for that matter.  If they don’t won’t stuff to leak out, it’s pretty simple to zip the lip.  

i saw you said you were getting onboard with the IU guy crowd.  just your opinion - do you really think we can't/won't get Beard, Muss, Bennett, Beilein, or Matta?  or are you saying you would rather have an IU guy than one of them? 

1 minute ago, Cutter said:

Some people are interviewed for the coaching vacancy some are interviewed for their basketball knowledge to help make a more informed decision. The meetings in Bloomington and Indianapolis and wherever else are just part of the process. My apologies to Mr. Dolson as he is not like Hlass in my opinion.

I didn’t go back and look at all my dumb comments from last night but if I said anything bad about Dolson I was wrong.  Dolson, to my knowledge, has been great and on the ball.  Some of the others in the “search committee” haven’t been the same.  Honestly wish Dolson was the only one on the search committee because I would be super confident then 

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i saw you said you were getting onboard with the IU guy crowd.  just your opinion - do you really think we can't/won't get Beard, Muss, Bennett, Beilein, or Matta?  or are you saying you would rather have an IU guy than one of them? 

I’d be happy with Beard, Muss, or Matta.  I’d be happy with JB if the correct assistant coaches and coach in waiting were hired.  I’d also be ok with Fife with a good staff that included Michael Lewis behind him.  That’s just me though.  

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I didn’t go back and look at all my dumb comments from last night but if I said anything bad about Dolson I was wrong.  Dolson, to my knowledge, has been great and on the ball.  Some of the others in the “search committee” haven’t been the same.  Honestly wish Dolson was the only one on the search committee because I would be super confident then 

I just hope the Matta, Woodson talk is all smokescreen.  He went after Stevens hard and it looked like we had him.  The fan base is very deflated so make them think we're about to make another dumpster fire hire and then later on announce Bennett, Beard, Drew, etc as the coach.  That would be marketing brilliance.   You think you're getting a turd and you then end up with not a grand slam but still a very good hire.  Everyone would be ecstatic. 

Archived