Jump to content

What if....


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Sports are full of “what if’s”, but...

What if Scott May hadn’t broken his wrist in 75?

What if Alan Henderson hadn’t injured his knee in 83?

What if CTC had even the slightest idea how to attack the Syracuse zone in 2013?

We’d be chasing banner #9 instead of #6!

 

 

 

What if Hulls hadn’t injured his shoulder against Temple in ‘13

What if Coverdale doesn’t sprain his ankle in the tourney or if Haston doesn’t go pro?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Sports are full of “what if’s”, but...

What if Scott May hadn’t broken his wrist in 75?

What if Alan Henderson hadn’t injured his knee in 83?

What if CTC had even the slightest idea how to attack the Syracuse zone in 2013?

We’d be chasing banner #9 instead of #6!

 

 

 

If we win banners in scenario 1 and 2, I doubt Crean is here for scenario 3.  Just my opinion but if Knight had 5 titles under his belt with the most recent being in 1993, I don't think Brand would have had the opening to fire him in 2000.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If we win banners in scenario 1 and 2, I doubt Crean is here for scenario 3.  Just my opinion but if Knight had 5 titles under his belt with the most recent being in 1993, I don't think Brand would have had the opening to fire him in 2000.  

You’re correct Henderson’s injury was in 93 not 83, so yes, Brand may not have been able to fire Knight and Crean may never have been hired.

Welcome to “Back to the Future”.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What if Ivan Renko had been real?

Yes, we would have had a pipe line of great players from Eastern Europe.  Our nickname would no longer be the Hoosiers but the "Slavs West".  We would now have 18 national titles.

Anything I missed?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

One I dont see hardly, what if Jay Edwards stayed 4 years. 

Piggy back on this. The 92 and 93 teams come up alot. That 90-91 team was Big 10 champions and 29-5. Lost in the Sweet 16.  If Jay Edwards stayed 4 years, banner #6. 

If it wasn't for bad luck and RMK being who he was, the man could have won 6-7 championships, without a Sam Gilbert in his pocket.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Piggy back on this. The 92 and 93 teams come up alot. That 90-91 team was Big 10 champions and 29-5. Lost in the Sweet 16.  If Jay Edwards stayed 4 years, banner #6. 

If it wasn't for bad luck and RMK being who he was, the man could have won 6-7 championships, without a Sam Gilbert in his pocket.  

Are you saying  RMK being who he is is why Jay left?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...