Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

1 minute ago, TN_Hoosier said:

After finishing my Doctorate at IU in 1990, I worked at VT for four years as a Research Scientist.  Their campus, basketball facility and town/City do not compare to IU's campus, Assembly Hall and Bloomington.  And, there's no comparison there to IU's fan base.

Well, there are comparisons. You just made them.  🤪

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TN_Hoosier said:

After finishing my Doctorate at IU in 1990, I worked at VT for four years as a Research Scientist.  Their campus, basketball facility and town/City do not compare to IU's campus, Assembly Hall and Bloomington.  And, there's no comparison there to IU's fan base.

The whole place sounds Hokie to me

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd welcome a commit.  Not expecting him to cancel visits, but that would be a pleasant surprise!

The guy that shared that info is well connected to the athletic department and said he had more info he was withholding out of respect for his source. IU is in a great spot. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The guy that shared that info is well connected to the athletic department and said he had more info he was withholding out of respect for his source. IU is in a great spot. 

I could swear he's the one that said Brad Stevens had agreed to be the coach at IU. I hope Clowney picks IU but I'm not going to get any hopes up because of any inside info.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I could swear he's the one that said Brad Stevens had agreed to be the coach at IU. I hope Clowney picks IU but I'm not going to get any hopes up because of any inside info.

His info on Brad was right. He and many others inside the athletic department thought Brad was coming. His info is very well sourced. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't see him canceling his final visits but it seems the 2 realistic choices were visits 1 and 2 and now that they are behind him we are clearly in control of this at this moment.  

I don't think he will either.  I'm a different type...impulsive and impatient, maybe?  If I were as blown away on my first visit as it sounds like he was, I would have decided not to blow four more weekends visiting schools I wasn't going to attend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't think he will either.  I'm a different type...impulsive and impatient, maybe?  If I were as blown away on my first visit as it sounds like he was, I would have decided not to blow four more weekends visiting schools I wasn't going to attend.

Unless you are a 17 or 18 year old kid that will be "wined" and dined and an opportunity to take in a game with a lot of beautiful co eds at someone else's expense. I am taking all my visits for sure. You never know just where might be that perfect fit, leave no doubt . In the end I feel he will be a Hoosier

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Unless you are a 17 or 18 year old kid that will be "wined" and dined and an opportunity to take in a game with a lot of beautiful co eds at someone else's expense. I am taking all my visits for sure. You never know just where might be that perfect fit, leave no doubt . In the end I feel he will be a Hoosier

I think Alabama ends up number two and that’s only because of the football atmosphere 

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Back in the day before Jimmy put the Kibosh on it...Canes would get visits from Northern recruits all the time in November and December. Weather visits if you will.

If I'm him I'm definitely taking all my visits and soaking it all in...especially on college campuses in the fall. As long as he's honest with each staff sign me up for those trips for him and his family.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Back in the day before Jimmy put the Kibosh on it...Canes would get visits from Northern recruits all the time in November and December. Weather visits if you will.

If I'm him I'm definitely taking all my visits and soaking it all in...especially on college campuses in the fall. As long as he's honest with each staff sign me up for those trips for him and his family.

In the game of recruiting sometimes the smallest of things can turn the tide for 1 team over the others. I chance meeting with someone, a cant explain it kind of connection that just says this is the right place. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I imagine from my own personal experience that was successful. While in HS, I visited relatives in Arizona around Thanksgiving. I fell in love with the winter weather at that time since I can't stand cold and snow. Indiana isn't as bad as other places as far as those are concerned but it's still colder and gets more snow than I want to have to deal with. After that visit my goal was to move to AZ. I've been there for 13 years now.

So I imagine FL weather in the winter can only help recruiting so having visits during that time is a smart move.

• Like 2

• KDB changed the title to Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama