Paper out from the National Bureau of Economic Research legitimizing what was discussed here last year. 

"Our main quantitative result is that there is substantial variation in health outcomes across countries following the reference lockdown. In our model, the lockdown led to an average of 1.76 child deaths for every COVID-19 fatality averted in low-income countries."

As expected, the poorer populations, both within and outside the US, fared the worst.

https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28925/w28925.pdf

For many Central American countries where Covid is currently the worst, lockdowns are likely to do more harm than good. 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picture of Ayden celebrating his last day of Elementary school.  For those of you that have been around here long enough know that at 2 or 3 years old doctors were telling us that if Ayden survived he

Yesterday we were so.bleseed to celebrate the graduation of my oldest son from college.  He graduated in 3 years,  played baseball and graduated with honors. 3.75 GPA and starts Grad school to become

I am negative for covid. Thanks for the well wishes. Whatever I had kicked my butt worse than any flu I have ever had. But no covid!

Posted Images

The inventor of the mRNA vaccine was on Fox news. Why are colleges mandating these vaccines when, at the very least, it is not settled science that the benefits outweigh the risks? Time to slow down.

When asked about whether college-aged young adults should take the vaccine, Dr. Robert Malone replied:

Dr. Robert Malone: So I have a bias that the benefits probably don’t outweigh the risks in that cohort. But unfortunately, the risk-benefit analysis is not being done… Certainly I can say the risk-benefit of those 18 and below doesn’t justify vaccines. And there’s a pretty good chance that it doesn’t justify vaccinations in these very young adults.

17 hours ago, Reacher said:

Paper out from the National Bureau of Economic Research legitimizing what was discussed here last year. 

"Our main quantitative result is that there is substantial variation in health outcomes across countries following the reference lockdown. In our model, the lockdown led to an average of 1.76 child deaths for every COVID-19 fatality averted in low-income countries."

As expected, the poorer populations, both within and outside the US, fared the worst.

https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w28925/w28925.pdf

For many Central American countries where Covid is currently the worst, lockdowns are likely to do more harm than good. 

These lockdowns were an ignorant short sighted and poorly thought out idea. The epitome of know nothing idiots trying to "do something".

Not a fan of Jim Cramer but he is spot on here. 

Jim Cramer: The pandemic led to 'one of the greatest wealth transfers in history'