2022 C Jeremy Foumena

NotIThatLives

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

If Durr is our starter at center that team wouldn't win 10 games.

Duncomb will start scoring will be on perimeter.We will be fine with athletes at other positions.Durr played Purdue game and we won.Trayce was no show he also had us ahead of Illinois at the half Trayce played most of 2nd half and we got blown out at home.

16 hours ago, Mike said:

Duncomb will start scoring will be on perimeter.We will be fine with athletes at other positions.Durr played Purdue game and we won.Trayce was no show he also had us ahead of Illinois at the half Trayce played most of 2nd half and we got blown out at home.

Durr also did not play a single minute in the 2 games in between these games. You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig.

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

That's a bit harsh.  

Clam down its a figure of speech, i'm not calling Durr a pig.. I'm glad I didnt use you can put whipped cream on a pile of s@$# but its still a pile of S@%#. The point is people saying Race and TJD should leave and not play the years aloud because we have Durr aren't very bright.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Clam down its a figure of speech, i'm not calling Durr a pig.. I'm glad I didnt use you can put whipped cream on a pile of s@$# but its still a pile of S@%#. The point is people saying Race and TJD should leave and not play the years aloud because we have Durr aren't very bright.

Yea, the person wanting Race and TJD to leave was nuts.   

I think Durr could be a serviceable starter but obviously wouldn't be the focal point of our offense or at least not near as much as TJD and Race are this year. 

It's curious that Woodson thinks we will have that many open spots but no point in trying to guess which players are leaving.

Edited by iuswingman

3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I think Durr could be a serviceable starter but obviously wouldn't be the focal point of our offense or at least not near as much as TJD and Race are this year. 

It's curious that Woodson thinks we will have that many open spots but no point in trying to guess which players are leaving.

I said it once and I will say it again. If Durr is the starter we dont win but 10 games. People are complaining now about our lack of talent. Who do we rely on, a couple of freshman? Lander? Bates is the 2nd coming of Bracey Wright, a black hole the ball disappears in until he throws up a shot. This team is in real trouble next season if we lose 5 or 6 upper classmen.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I said it once and I will say it again. If Durr is the starter we dont win but 10 games. People are complaining now about our lack of talent. Who do we rely on, a couple of freshman? Lander? Bates is the 2nd coming of Bracey Wright, a black hole the ball disappears in until he throws up a shot. This team is in real trouble next season if we lose 5 or 6 upper classmen.

I believe Kopp, Stewart and Rob are in their last year of college basketball. I don't them personally so I don't know if they will pursue overseas options or not. So with that being said we have the room for Banks, Gunn and Schifino. 

TJD will enter the draft and perhaps with CMW as an advocate get drafted somewhere in the 50's, but honestly he has nothing new to his offensive game that leads me to believe that he's any more prepared now than he last year. None-the-less he will move on. 

Lander would be well served to consider a fresh start elsewhere, I personally think he will move on.

Duncomb wouldn't come as a surprise if he did as well but I don't think its likely. 

Race I believe comes back with Durr and Geronimo. 

So the safe bet is 5 being gone. 

I do disagree with you about one thing. I think Bates will get it together. I think we'll see something tonight. 

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

I don't even think Durr is a serviceable starter. I don’t mean that to be negative about him, I just think on a contending Big Ten team that he is a spot backup type of player. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I like clams….:coffee:

Edited by psychobat

On 2/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, Mike said:

With a depleted bench in last nights game, due to the suspensions, I'm wondering why Duncomb didn't get in the game......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

With a depleted bench in last nights game, due to the suspensions, I'm wondering why Duncomb didn't get in the game......

2 things come to mind. 1)They want to red shirt him. 2) He isnt better than the walk on who got a couple of mins. Not one reporter asked CMW about Duncomb. Woody said he played everyone he could and would have played the walk ons if there were foul trouble, Not a mention of Duncomb that I can remember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

2 things come to mind. 1)They want to red shirt him. 2) He isnt better than the walk on who got a couple of mins. Not one reporter asked CMW about Duncomb. Woody said he played everyone he could and would have played the walk ons if there were foul trouble, Not a mention of Duncomb that I can remember.

#1 is out. He's played in games so a regular redshirt can't happen but he's also played in games after the cutoff point in the season (1st 1/2) where he would be eligible for a medical redshirt if he's injured.

So it's either #2  or possibly a #3 you didn't mention: he could be injured. Probably #2.

• Like 1