2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Huh? It's stupid to pitch him longer. It's poor coaching to pitch him longer. Adapt. 

It isn't stupid at all, what is stupid is having to use the bullpen 3-4 innings a game. To me if you are top pitcher there is no reason you can't pitch more than 5-6 innings

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So Happ carelessly hits/injures Contreras on the backswing and after Mikolas hits Happ on the butt, he gets tossed (with no prior warnings issues). What a crock of shit. 

The backswing wasn't "careless." It happens... Ever play catcher?

I thought Mikolas throwing at Happ over it was a punk move, but at least he did it right and plunked him on the hip with a batting practice fastball...

I didn't think Mikolas deserved to be tossed, but answering an unintentional action with an intentional action is BS... 

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The backswing wasn't "careless." It happens... Ever play catcher?

I thought Mikolas throwing at Happ over it was a punk move, but at least he did it right and plunked him on the hip with a batting practice fastball...

I didn't think Mikolas deserved to be tossed, but answering an unintentional action with an intentional action is BS... 

Seemed pretty careless to me. And Happ knew it was coming and didn’t get upset. Umps decided they wanted to make the game about them. 

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Seemed pretty careless to me. And Happ knew it was coming and didn’t get upset. Umps decided they wanted to make the game about them. 

Well, thanks to Mikolas for the gift run, and ushering Hudson into the game to get shelled 🙂

50 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So Happ carelessly hits/injures Contreras on the backswing and after Mikolas hits Happ on the butt, he gets tossed (with no prior warnings issues). What a crock of shit. 

I'm a Cubs guy and I can't stand Happ. With that said he's got one of the longest swings in baseball so it was just an accident. The first pitch ok....after that bush league but I will say hat tip to Happ taking the pitch and walking to first without anything else.

The fact that Mikolas was thrown out was absolute minor league stuff in my little opinion. Even with 115 degree temps and everyone pissed off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Figured I would come to the Reds messages board to point out that the Cubs look like they have a little bit of life. Just enough to get the hopes up to crush my dreams. 

I know my groups that I text with on the Cubs are all just staying quiet. All eyes on trade deadline weekend. Hopefully the players just keep doing what they've been doing. Head down and play good baseball.

• Like 3

They really need to put Votto on the bench and get India out of the 5th spot. Williamson probably should have given up only 1 run but Votto didn't play a ground ball well that resulted in a run. Also I think they have the first baseman play to far off the first base line against a RHB. I still don't have a great feeling about our bullpen against the Dodgers offense even though we are up 6-2

Reds really blew a chance to blow the game wide open in the 7th. Up 6-2 with the bases loaded and 1 out but couldn't score anymore. Now in the bottom of the 7th it looks like Sims is about to make the game closer. The Dodgers has 1st and 3rd with no outs and now has a 3-2 count in Betta with Freeman on deck.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Reds really blew a chance to blow the game wide open in the 7th. Up 6-2 with the bases loaded and 1 out but couldn't score anymore. Now in the bottom of the 7th it looks like Sims is about to make the game closer. The Dodgers has 1st and 3rd with no outs and now has a 3-2 count in Betta with Freeman on deck.

Just walked Betts to load the bases for Freeman and Bell is taking out Sims but now is bringing in Gibault who isn't any better. They just don't have lockdown relievers for the 7th and 8th innings and you never no what you are going to get from any of the relivers