2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think the Reds are trying to break the record for the most K's in a game. Reds batters has already 7 times through 3 innings. SF pitcher is making his second career start and he is their top prospect 

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were talking about the Yankees!! In last night's game against Detroit, the first 8 batters all struck out!! But the Yanks did manage a 4-1 win with Severino pitching a decent game no less. I think Severino was auditioning for other teams as I don't think he will be back in New York next year, JMO.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were talking about the Yankees!! In last night's game against Detroit, the first 8 batters all struck out!! But the Yanks did manage a 4-1 win with Severino pitching a decent game no less. I think Severino was auditioning for other teams as I don't think he will be back in New York next year, JMO.

On Severino, I think he is damaged  goods.  Seems like he ain't been the same since he won 19 games back a few years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

This frustrates me more than anything about the Reds.  Where is the coaching in all of this.  None of these guys are Schwarber types where you can kind of live with the K's because of the constant HR threat and his ability to go nuclear for stretches throughout the season.

So many unproductive outs.  And, it falls on scouting, coaching, and development.  

Saw this on Facebook.

Schwarber 160 K's this year

Suarez 162 K's this year

Tony Gwynn 188 K's in the whole  decade of the 90's.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw this on Facebook.

Schwarber 160 K's this year

Suarez 162 K's this year

Tony Gwynn 188 K's in the whole  decade of the 90's.

The guy is also gonna hit 40+ dingers, knock in and score over 100 runs...

Runs win games 🙂

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

One other benefit of MLB TV is listening to broadcasters I've never heard ...

The Phillies Tom McCarthy and John Kruk are just killer good... Funny and insightful... Kruk has a lot of Ron Santo in him... 

I’ve always liked Kruk. I can definitely see him being a great broadcaster and inserting lots of humor.

• Like 1

Tip of the cap to Justin Steele... Rough 30 pitch 1st inning, and it seemed like he was in trouble a lot, but he scuffled and hung in there going 6 innings and throwing 111 pitches... Helped himself by only walking 1... Bullpen was stellar, allowing 1 hit and no walks over 3 innings....1-0 good guys 🙂

Rubber game tomorrow...Brandon Woodruff vs Kyle Hendricks... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds are totally falling apart. Down 5-0 after 3 at SF.

1 run scored on a balk 

1 run scored on a wild pitch

2 unearned runs on a two out error then a homer

Reds has no hits 

Forgot that CES also dropped a fo ball but didn't hurt us. Also Senzel is having trouble playing RF with judging the ball

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tip of the cap to Justin Steele... Rough 30 pitch 1st inning, and it seemed like he was in trouble a lot, but he scuffled and hung in there going 6 innings and throwing 111 pitches... Helped himself by only walking 1... Bullpen was stellar, allowing 1 hit and no walks over 3 innings....1-0 good guys 🙂

15-3 Justin Steele....if we had some help in the bullpen and maybe roster management Steele would be talked about with one of the best seasons we've had in a long time. Good win. 

Go get it Professor tomorrow. Please. We need it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

15-3 Justin Steele....if we had some help in the bullpen and maybe roster management Steele would be talked about with one of the best seasons we've had in a long time. Good win. 

Go get it Professor tomorrow. Please. We need it.

Big big win tonight. Steele has been great this season. Let’s win the series tomorrow and keep chipping away! Go cubs!!

• Like 1

"Why certainly I'd like to have that fellow who hits a home run every time at bat, who strikes out every opposing batter when he's pitching, who throws strikes to any base or the plate when he's playing outfield and who's always thinking about two innings ahead just what he'll do to baffle the other team. Any manager would want a guy like that playing for him. The only trouble is to get him to put down his cup of beer and come down out of the stands and do those things."---Danny Murtaugh

• Like 2
  • Haha 3