2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

21 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Fortunately got the last game of the season. Had a combine no hitter heading into the 9th to boot. Then Pressley happened. Sigh. Ah well. A victory is a victory. 

I have 100% respect for a man continually posting about the Astros, when clearly he is the only one following that team art all around here.  🤣

That's a fan. Cheers, @Naturalhoosier  🍻 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I have 100% respect for a man continually posting about the Astros, when clearly he is the only one following that team art all around here.  🤣

That's a fan. Cheers, @Naturalhoosier  🍻 

Hell, you should see the blank looks my wife gives me when I try to talk Astros w/her! 

I need to break up the Reds BS talk...and it gives me and @Proud2BAHoosier something to argue about.  :) 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 2:16 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I didn't know where to place this, so I thought I would do it here rather than start a new thread.

Down here in Evansville, we have a semi-pro team, the Evansville Otters. They play in the Frontier League. This year, they will be playing for the 2023 Championship! They will be playing the Quebec Capitales. The series starts tonight in Quebec with Game 3 tomorrow night. The series then shifts to historic Bosse Field, where the movie, A League of Their Own was filmed (for you movie lovers). The series is a best of 5.

Go Otters!!

Just thought I would give an update on the Frontier League Championship series. The Otters came home down 0-2 in a best of 5. They lost a heartbreaker on Tuesday night when they lost 7-5 on a walkoff 2 run homer. So tonight was game 3 and the Otters took out their frustrations by beating Quebec Capitales 14-5!! They live to play game 3 tomorrow night.

Go Otters!!

Go USA!!!

All things considered, it's been a fun MLB season.  Lots of exciting play and players... new names.  Very entertaining, imho.  I think the new rules helped bring back elements of how I remember the game being played.  And there have still been plenty of home runs for the fan who loves the free swingers.  Now all we need is to clean up the balls/strikes umpiring issue by bringing in the "RoboUmp".  Again, just my opinion.    😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

All things considered, it's been a fun MLB season.  Lots of exciting play and players... new names.  Very entertaining, imho.  I think the new rules helped bring back elements of how I remember the game being played.  And there have still been plenty of home runs for the fan who loves the free swingers.  Now all we need is to clean up the balls/strikes umpiring issue by bringing in the "RoboUmp".  Again, just my opinion.    😁

Shitcan the DH and baking mitts and I'm there with ya 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just about the time I start believing...

It's like 1969 all over again ☹️

Cubs need to shake it off. They are not playing well at all against Arizona. If they can win today/tomorrow, they will be in good shape coming back home. It will get tense if they don't win at least one of the next two.

They play Pirates and Rockies at home next week in final home stand, before hitting the road to finish the season at Braves and Brewers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Cubs need to shake it off. They are not playing well at all against Arizona. If they can win today/tomorrow, they will be in good shape coming back home. It will get tense if they don't win at least one of the next two.

They play Pirates and Rockies at home next week in final home stand, before hitting the road to finish the season at Braves and Brewers.

Maybe their mini-rally in the 9th last night will break the offense out...

Ross should have never let Steele pitch to Thomas (and, yes, I'm sitting in my armchair with my second guessing cap on 🙂)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Reds win 2 way tie-breaker with Cubs and Dbacks, lose 2 way with Giants.  They tie the tiebreaker with Marlins, so not sure if they would play 1 game or what.

Marlins win 3 way tiebreaker with Reds and Dbacks on the strength of having the best record in common games with the other 2.

Looking at the remaining schedules of teams involved I would say the Marlins and Reds have the advantage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Looking at the remaining schedules of teams involved I would say the Marlins and Reds have the advantage.

The Reds needed the Braves to not lie down for the Marlins this weekend.  Of all times for the Braves to stop playing well.  

Edited by 5fouls