2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Naturalhoosier  Better put your rally cap on.  

I’ve never seen a really good team perform so poorly at home. In any sport. It baffles my mind how and why this happens.  Peña and Tucker shut themselves down for postseason play. Starting pitching was iffy at best. Ah well. I certainly won’t take away from Texas either. They can put up runs faster than any other team. There’s always next year!  

28 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I’ve never seen a really good team perform so poorly at home. In any sport. It baffles my mind how and why this happens.  Peña and Tucker shut themselves down for postseason play. Starting pitching was iffy at best. Ah well. I certainly won’t take away from Texas either. They can put up runs faster than any other team. There’s always next year!  

No team with a losing record at home during the season has ever made the WS.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Hoping for a more dramatic Game 7 tonight than we got last night.  A Philly win is important to my interest level in the World Series.  

Schwarbombs = 5fouls tuning in.

Agreed.

The Rangers are absolutely a fun team to watch. 

But Rangers/Phillies is far more intriguing than anybody/Diamondbacks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Agreed.

The Rangers are absolutely a fun team to watch. 

But Rangers/Phillies is far more intriguing than anybody/Diamondbacks. 

I saw the Phils and D-Backs play in Phoenix this summer while visiting family.  Didn't even know half the players in the D-Back lineup. 

Realmuto hit for cycle, but D-Backs won the game.  

Probably not the World Series matchup MLB was hoping for.  Ratings will probably reflect that as well.

But, baseball in October has a way of being compelling.  A new star could very well emerge during the series.  Heck, @Naturalhoosiermay have already received the Amazon delivery for that new Adolis Garcia jersey he purchased.

Need a Game 7 though.  If this is a 4-5 game series.....blech.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Probably not the World Series matchup MLB was hoping for.  Ratings will probably reflect that as well.

But, baseball in October has a way of being compelling.  A new star could very well emerge during the series.  Heck, @Naturalhoosiermay have already received the Amazon delivery for that new Adolis Garcia jersey he purchased.

Need a Game 7 though.  If this is a 4-5 game series.....blech.

And just think if the Cubs didn't crumble down the stretch the Diamondbacks aren't even in the playoffs. Now a team with a ton of mo is 4 wins away from a title when they only finished 6 games above .500 in regular season.

• Like 1