2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

I was really ready to look forward to this season for my Cubs. Let the years of rebuild, letting players go...and bumbling around the NL Central for a few years be a thing of the past.

Not so fast. Ricketts comments this week about payroll, tax,etc....as it relates to Bellinger and Boras is nothing but a blind man with a tin cup begging for change. Spare me Ricketts. Get the deal done for him and it's ok to also get Snell. Stop playing Monopoly in Wrigleyville and spend the $.

If we miss on Bellinger I'd say 84-89 wins tops is our ceiling....which sadly might still win the NL Central. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I was really ready to look forward to this season for my Cubs. Let the years of rebuild, letting players go...and bumbling around the NL Central for a few years be a thing of the past.

Not so fast. Ricketts comments this week about payroll, tax,etc....as it relates to Bellinger and Boras is nothing but a blind man with a tin cup begging for change. Spare me Ricketts. Get the deal done for him and it's ok to also get Snell. Stop playing Monopoly in Wrigleyville and spend the $.

If we miss on Bellinger I'd say 84-89 wins tops is our ceiling....which sadly might still win the NL Central. 

I've already completed one Fantasy Baseball Draft and have Imanaga on my pitching staff (as my 6th starter).  What spot in the rotation do you see him filling for the Cubs?  Steele, obviously is #1, but how do you see Imanaga, Hendricks, and Taillon getting positioned?

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've already completed one Fantasy Baseball Draft and have Imanaga on my pitching staff (as my 6th starter).  What spot in the rotation do you see him filling for the Cubs?  Steele, obviously is #1, but how do you see Imanaga, Hendricks, and Taillon getting positioned?

Honestly no clue yet. I'm still in between seasons and haven't dialed things in yet. If I were guessing he's eventually on this staff a 2-3. His fastball is hoppy. Almost rises. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rico said:

I don't get how the Reds are projected to be worse than last year.  The young'ens are a year older and the roster has been improved.  Not saying they will win 90, but projecting them for 78 or 79 wins?   I can't see that.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't get how the Reds are projected to be worse than last year.  The young'ens are a year older and the roster has been improved.  Not saying they will win 90, but projecting them for 78 or 79 wins?   I can't see that.   

I found the Cards projection questionable.  lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Bellinger a North-Sider for the next 3 years.  This is always what made the most sense.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39596106/cody-bellinger-cubs-agree-3-year-80-million-deal

I'm very happy with this as a Cubs fan. I did not want to sign him to a 200 million dollar 7/8 year deal. This seems fair for both sides. Go Cubs Go!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I'm very happy with this as a Cubs fan. I did not want to sign him to a 200 million dollar 7/8 year deal. This seems fair for both sides. Go Cubs Go!!

Should be an incredibly competitive division this season.  .  

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Bellinger a North-Sider for the next 3 years.  This is always what made the most sense.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39596106/cody-bellinger-cubs-agree-3-year-80-million-deal

5 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Had to do a breakfast this morning but I knew something was good when I woke up to 27 texts. Similar to the deal Boras did with Correa. Bellinger gets his average year pay he's worth, gets to opt out if he wants to test market...and the Cubs didn't give in which I'm happy with Jed for that.

Now if we can just add Snell or Montgomery we moved our ceiling up a bit and has me excited for some baseball again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Some new guy named SOTO smacked a 3-run bomb for the Yankees.... The Bronx Bombers beat the Blue Jays 12-6

Meanwhile, newly acquired pitcher Marcus Stroman, pitched 2.1 innings and gave up 2 earned runs in a split twin bill with the Phillies..

That is all.....

Soto is on my Fantasy Baseball team.  Rooting for a big year.

As far as the Yankees, let's go Orioles, Rays, Jays, and Sox!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/19/2024 at 10:32 AM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Looks like the Yankees are back in on the Blake Snell drama per MLB reports. They will make an offer for less years. If players like Rodon, Cortes and Stroman have good years? Then you add the current Cy Young winner in Snell to your rotation?

WOWZA!!

Stay tuned....

Don't know where the Snell drama ends up. First reports are the Yanks are talking to him, then I hear there isn't any serious negotiations. Now I hear Boras is using the Yankees for leverage. What leverage??? There aren't any other offers for his service. As a Yankee fan, looking at Snell's history, it is that great. Yes he has 2 Cy Young awards, but he's been inconsistent the other years. Plus his record at Yankee Stadium is that good either. And if the Yankees do sign him, they would be over the tax threshold and taxed at 110%!! So if he signed for $30k per year, the Yanks would have to pay $60k! Plus they would lose 2 draft picks.

Right now, I would take a hard pass on Me. Snell...

2 things.I know it's so old school but Carmel's library is free and unreal so I use it routinely. Just reserved Field of Dreams, The Natural, Bull Durham, Sandlot, and Eight Men Out to get me into baseball mode.

2nd thing. @BBGreatMoments is a great follow on Twitter. Yesterday's version was from 1974. Cardenal got ticked at Hrabosky's routine. Umps wasn't having it. Told Hrabosky to pitch and Bill Madlock stepped in.....things went haywire from there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

2 things.I know it's so old school but Carmel's library is free and unreal so I use it routinely. Just reserved Field of Dreams, The Natural, Bull Durham, Sandlot, and Eight Men Out to get me into baseball mode.

2nd thing. @BBGreatMoments is a great follow on Twitter. Yesterday's version was from 1974. Cardenal got ticked at Hrabosky's routine. Umps wasn't having it. Told Hrabosky to pitch and Bill Madlock stepped in.....things went haywire from there.

Found out my great nephew's travel baseball team is playing in the Field Dreams field

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Field of Dreams is my #1 movie of any genre.  Eight Men Out is Top 10.  

• Like 2