2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

image.gif.6b6a301edd7b9e2bf59b00876ce62fdb.gif

Cubs win 9-8 and sweep Rockies.

a few thoughts after watching a good amount of the cubs first 6 games thus far…

Really like the cubs are drawing lots of walks and striking out very little.

brown looked good in his start today. Good stuff but they pulled him after 52 pitches.

rockies pitching is going to give up a ton of runs at coors field this year if they gave up all these runs this series against the cubs at wrigley in cold/wet conditions.

Cubs defense has been poor. Morel with 3 errors in 6 games at 3rd base.

starting pitching has been good with exception of Steele getting injured opening day and Hendricks struggling. Bullpen has been sketchy overall.

lets go cubs! Hoping for a good series against the dodgers starting Friday!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

image.gif.6b6a301edd7b9e2bf59b00876ce62fdb.gif

Cubs win 9-8 and sweep Rockies.

a few thoughts after watching a good amount of the cubs first 6 games thus far…

Really like the cubs are drawing lots of walks and striking out very little.

brown looked good in his start today. Good stuff but they pulled him after 52 pitches.

rockies pitching is going to give up a ton of runs at coors field this year if they gave up all these runs this series against the cubs at wrigley in cold/wet conditions.

Cubs defense has been poor. Morel with 3 errors in 6 games at 3rd base.

starting pitching has been good with exception of Steele getting injured opening day and Hendricks struggling. Bullpen has been sketchy overall.

lets go cubs! Hoping for a good series against the dodgers starting Friday!

I went to do other stuff when it got to 8-2...Guess I shoulda stuck around 🙂

I'll just add I think Seiya is going to have a great year. He's killing it right now. And, like you said, they seem to be more patient at the plate...

Here's to an exciting summer🍻

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

5 straight for the Cubbies! Love to see them take down the Dodgers. 5-2 overall on year.

Kinda stopped my heart with that last liner by Outman (what a name for a hitter), but I don't mind close games...Just win!

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

Kinda stopped my heart with that last liner by Outman (what a name for a hitter), but I don't mind close games...Just win!

Yeah it sounded like a shot coming off the bat. The Cubs pen is making me uncomfortable the past couple games for sure. Cubs infield had some nice plays defensively today...it didn't hurt that Morel wasn't playing 3rd!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

5 straight for the Cubbies! Love to see them take down the Dodgers. 5-2 overall on year.

Just now, IUFLA said:

I thought Outman's was in.....phew. The Dodgers are stacked so any win vs them won't be treated like 1 of 162 games. 

What the early stuff is showing me is we have 5-6 very patient hitters who will wait for the chance to smash....and Lt Dan just keeps moving up my favorite player list. 

• Like 2

Yeah it sounded like a shot coming off the bat. The Cubs pen is making me uncomfortable the past couple games for sure. Cubs infield had some nice plays defensively today...it didn't hurt that Morel wasn't playing 3rd!

It was a nice diving play by Busch (kinda weird seeing a Busch play for the Cubs :) )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It was a nice diving play by Busch (kinda weird seeing a Busch play for the Cubs :) )

Nico had an incredible defensive play earlier in the game.

This might be the most patient Cubs hitting team I have seen in awhile. Really refreshing to see that.

I am enjoying that Marquee streaming (I would have went with MLB stream but I'm blacked out). I work from home on Monday, Thursday and Fridays, so I can have the game on in the background! 😀

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

Nico had an incredible defensive play earlier in the game.

This might be the most patient Cubs hitting team I have seen in awhile. Really refreshing to see that.

I am enjoying that Marquee streaming (I would have went with MLB stream but I'm blacked out). I work from home on Monday, Thursday and Fridays, so I can have the game on in the background! 😀

That's the great thing about being a Cubs fan in Texas with MLB TV...Not very many games blacked out...Plus, I'm already onto the Orioles-Bucs! Go Orioles!

• Like 1

Reds defense looks pretty bad right now.  Elly De La Cruz has made 4 errors, mostly on throws, in 7 games.  That’s beyond bad.  He’s going to have mgmt thinking about switching him to the outfield if he keeps this up.  Or he may find himself back in the minors.

7 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds defense looks pretty bad right now.  Elly De La Cruz has made 4 errors, mostly on throws, in 7 games.  That’s beyond bad.  He’s going to have mgmt thinking about switching him to the outfield if he keeps this up.  Or he may find himself back in the minors.

Didn't help that they took Green out after 6 great innings. The reliever then walks 3 straight batters and gives up 1 run without giving up a hit

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't help that they took Green out after 6 great innings. The reliever then walks 3 straight batters and gives up 1 run without giving up a hit

Well, you know the Reds.  Greene was at 99 pitches.  They are watching all the young starters because of the injury histories, I guess.  I’m not disagreeing with you, but that’s just the way they play the game.  And I’m aware that you believe it’s stupid, but it ain’t gonna change.  They’ve invested big money, for the Reds, in Greene and don’t want to take any chances.