2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

As a right handed hitter, I always hit righties better than lefties...

If I was facing a lefty that threw a good tailing fastball and he started it in the middle of the plate, I wasn't touching him...

As a right handed hitter, I agree, I preferred right handed pitchers. I remember a couple of lefties that had the big sweeping breaking balls that I had a particular difficult time hitting.

As a right handed pitcher, I much preferred right handed hitters though...

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

As a right handed hitter, I agree, I preferred right handed pitchers. I remember a couple of lefties that had the big sweeping breaking balls that I had a particular difficult time hitting.

As a right handed pitcher, I much preferred right handed hitters though...

Me too...my best pitch was a curve ball, and righties got a steady diet of those...

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Me too...my best pitch was a curve ball, and righties got a steady diet of those...

I never had a great breaking curve ball. I had decent fastball, and good change up, that had lots of movement/drop that I used quite a bit more than most. I really wanted to be a Nolan Ryan/Roger Clemens type pitcher with the overpowering fastball, but I was much more of a location pitcher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Man...Assad was one out away from getting through 6 scoreless innings before coming out, now pulled after giving up 2 run shot...3-2 Cubs still.

Yeah, let's hope the bullpen can hold...

And Michael Busch has been a revelation...the Dodgers didn't have room for him...good for us...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, let's hope the bullpen can hold...

And Michael Busch has been a revelation...the Dodgers didn't have room for him...good for us...

I like Nico...his defense if phenomenal, but that is the second time he has gotten picked off this season...he needs to work on that...hopefully that doesn't bite us. I have a feeling the way the bullpen has been overall this season, Cubs will need a couple more runs.

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

I like Nico...his defense if phenomenal, but that is the second time he has gotten picked off this season...he needs to work on that...hopefully that doesn't bite us. I have a feeling the way the bullpen has been overall this season, Cubs will need a couple more runs.

I saw the first time too 🙂

I'd think with the pitch clock it'd be a little easier to get a good jump...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Why'd Counsell take Leiter out? Christ, he only threw, what...3 pitches?

And Leiter has probably been their best reliever thus far this season. 😐

Neris can't get the ball in the zone. Not looking good.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Wow...the old shady pickoff play...

I didn't think there was any way they'd overturned that

I thought he was out but I didn't think they would be able to show it was conclusive. I'll take it! Back to .500 on the roadtrip...I'm still irritated by that first loss in San Diego, but hopefully they can take the Arizona series before heading back to the friendly confines.

• Like 2

I watched the lasat 3 innings of the Brewers-Orioles, and the Os have some really good young talent...I know the Holiday kid gets all the hype, but they have a kid named Cowser that has some electric power...He cranked one out today...

I think they said the average age of their starting 8 in the field today was like 25 :o 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I watched the lasat 3 innings of the Brewers-Orioles, and the Os have some really good young talent...I know the Holiday kid gets all the hype, but they have a kid named Cowser that has some electric power...He cranked one out today...

I think they said the average age of their starting 8 in the field today was like 25 :o 

Orioles have the best collection of young talent that we've seen in many years.  

• Like 2