2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

I know this board is mostly NL fans, but there are a few AL fans as well, Naturalhoosier, me for example. But the radio voice of the Yankees, John Sterling retired after calling over 5,600 games! The Yanks held a tribute to him yesterday before the game.

Here is a short video if interested:

That's Baseball Susan.....

Yankees honor John Sterling before the game | 04/20/2024 | MLB.com

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What the hell is with Bally Sports Indiana. They aren't showing the Reds game this afternoon because the Pacers play tonight at 7

Because Bally is one of the most inept organizations to ever exist. They make Enron look competent. 

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So much for the Pirates hot start 9-2, they are now 11-11

It will be interesting to see long they hold out on calling up Paul Skenes.  He is absolutely dominating in AAA, and they can use a shot in the arm (no pun intended) now that they have hit the skids.  If nothing else, he's going to put butts in the seats.  

Aaron Boone is eventually going to die in the dugout. Gets tossed today early by home plate ump. Problem was Boone didn't say anything. You can see the guy in a blue polo shirt in first row yelling something to the ump and the ump thought it was Boone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Aaron Boone is eventually going to die in the dugout. Gets tossed today early by home plate ump. Problem was Boone didn't say anything. You can see the guy in a blue polo shirt in first row yelling something to the ump and the ump thought it was Boone.

SMH...Hunter Wendelstedt...Harry's kid...And just as bad...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Thank God Ted Valentine didn't have any offspring that followed in dad's footsteps. 

Or Eric Gregg...

And if I'm in the HR department of MLB and we're hiring umpires, any resume with the last name "Hernandez" gets relegated to the circular file automatically 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Or Eric Gregg...

And if I'm in the HR department of MLB and we're hiring umpires, any resume with the last name "Hernandez" gets relegated to the circular file automatically 

Ugh....Eric Gregg and the Livan Hernandez game.  I'm a Mets fan, and even I will say the Braves got robbed in that one.  His strike zone was so wide that day that he could have fit through it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Ugh....Eric Gregg and the Livan Hernandez game.  I'm a Mets fan, and even I will say the Braves got robbed in that one.  His strike zone was so wide that day that he could have fit through it. 

Sucking it in so far his backbone bulged with a 60s church certified girdle maybe 🙂

Posted (edited)

Has anyone else noticed the number of Cardinals fans hanging out on this board is significantly smaller than it has been in the past (last place, cough, cough, last place).  .   

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Guys beat me to it, but in my 73 years of life, I don't think I've ever seen anything like what happened in the Yankees game. Boone gets ejected in the 1st inning by the home plate umpire because of a fan heckling! Crazy

Aaron Boone ejected in first inning of Yankees' game against A's (mlb.com)

Yanks lose 2-0 and wasted a 1 hit gem by Rodon, by far his best outing in pinstripes. Don't know what it is with the Yankees as they seem to struggle beating teams with losing records. Yank hitteres were limited to 3 hits for the whole game.

• Like 1

I am starting to wonder if Hunter Green will ever reach his potential. He can throw 98-100 and has a good slider but he can't put it all together. Tonight he has given up 4 runs in 4.1 innings and still had runners on. Reds down 4-0 to the Phillies 

Elly De La Cruz 😍

using the opposite field like a vet, currently... He's made two plays defensively, 70ft down the line from third base, this season, as well. Insane talent. 

.295/.402/.641 

Leading the league in steals and switch hits 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Elly De La Cruz 😍

using the opposite field like a vet, currently... He's made two plays defensively, 70ft down the line from third base, this season, as well. Insane talent. 

.295/.402/.641 

Leading the league in steals and switch hits 

Insane talent......if he keeps it consistent.  There were times last year where you had to wonder if he forgot to pack his brain on a road trip.