2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat in Chicago. I'll give Hendricks one more start and after that they need to invent an injury and let him go to pasture....and 90% of our bullpen can go with him.

Cubs should be 13-4 against a very tough schedule so far.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 5:53 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know how Cub fans felt when Harry Carey gave up broadcasting.

Harry never actually retired though, did he? I thought they had signed Chip for the upcoming season but Harry died just before spring training. 

Another year of having to put up the stupidity that is Davis Bell. He will take out starters to early when they are out crying well but will let bullpen guys totally blow a game wid open.

Today they were down 2-1 going to the 7th and let Sims walk 4 guys and give up 3 rums before taking him out.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Harry never actually retired though, did he? I thought they had signed Chip for the upcoming season but Harry died just before spring training. 

That's what I remember...

Now Chip's kid, Chris, does A's games...Harry did the A's for 1 year in the early 70s before going to the White Sox, and eventually the Cubs...

He was paired with Jimmy Piersall with the Sox...Boy, was that ever some top notch entertainment...

And 4 generations of Carays is pretty good stuff...

Edited by IUFLA

What a horrible series for the Reds in Seattle. They got swept by a team that hadn't won a series this year. Today lost 5-1 and Reds only got 1 hit a home run and only two base runners all day.

For my lifetime the Reds just struggle playing on the West Coast. Most of it is because for some reason our hitting disappears out west.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Another year of having to put up the stupidity that is Davis Bell. He will take out starters to early when they are out crying well but will let bullpen guys totally blow a game wid open.

Today they were down 2-1 going to the 7th and let Sims walk 4 guys and give up 3 rums before taking him out.

Abbott had thrown 104 pitches.  Their isn't a manger in MLB baseball that will leave a guy in after 104 pitches in the 6th inning.  

6 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Kyle Schwarber hit his 250th career home run today. Our guy has put together a very solid career with several rings. Good for him!

He also did this to Angel Hernandez. 

Kyle Schwarber is one of my favorite pro athletes. Happy he's a Hoosier. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He also did this to Angel Hernandez. 

Kyle Schwarber is one of my favorite pro athletes. Happy he's a Hoosier. 

This is right up there with Lou Piniella throwing the base as my favorite ejections of all time. Schwarb's was on Sunday Night baseball, and I was watching.  Loved it.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This is right up there with Lou Piniella throwing the base as my favorite ejections of all time. Schwarb's was on Sunday Night baseball, and I was watching.  Loved it.  

I'll get to see him in person next Thursday.. we're headed to the Reds game against the Phillies. 

• Like 2

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

And NOBODY hits home runs harder than he does. When he turns on a pitch, he REALLY turns on a pitch.   Lol

Watch this nuke he hit against FSU in the supers.... lol 

Landed in the middle of the parking lot 

Go back to page 248 in this thread and take a gander at the one Schwarber hit in Atlanta with a wooden bat...

I've watched a ton of baseball in my life, but that one was jaw dropping...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Go back to page 248 in this thread and take a gander at the one Schwarber hit in Atlanta with a wooden bat...

I've watched a ton of baseball in my life, but that one was jaw dropping...

Wouldn't you love to see a home run derby between IU's two howitzers: Schwarber and Ted Kluszewski?

• Like 2