2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still ticked about Monday. In terms of last night I'll say this. Love and respect all the great years Hendricks gave us but why we thought a 3 year extension was in line after last year is puzzling. Could have used that $ for Snell or anyone else. 

Yeah I hate to say it but Kyle is probably washed. Definitely could have used the money more wisely elsewhere.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If he can't get the movement back he's of no use to us and I hope Jed doesn't wait until July to make moves we need soon like another starter and some bullpen help....otherwise all the pressure is on the offense.

Lots of ball to be played.

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

I hate this Apple TV stuff. Today is my birthday, and I always look forward to watching my Cubbies on my birthday. Oh well.

Happy birthday!

Channeling my best Harry Caray...

"It might be! It could be! It is! A home run! Holy cow!" 🙂

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Elly De La Cruz having a big week.  If he's finally starting to put it together, it's going to be special.

Saw him poke a 448 footer versus the White Sox yesterday...He harnesses all that talent, and you guys will have quite a player...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Do we need any more evidence?

I watched another clip of this, and when the inning was over, the Rangers' announcer Dave Raymond said, "Well boys, better be swinging tonight. Angel has a dinner reservation."

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win the first two games vs the White Sox 11-1 and 5-0. Got good news today with Lodolo making his season debut going 5.2 shutout innings

10k 1H 0BB? Something like that. He was efficient and good. 

Health. Wow just get and stay healthy.. McClain is out until August? Is that right? 

Elly looks like a lot different hitter(he was also very good in spring training).. 

What about Friedl? 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

10k 1H 0BB? Something like that. He was efficient and good. 

Health. Wow just get and stay healthy.. McClain is out until August? Is that right? 

Elly looks like a lot different hitter(he was also very good in spring training).. 

What about Friedl? 

McClain is out until at least August and Marte is suspended for 80 games. Also Friedl has been out all year so far

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm asking when will Friedl be back?

They initially thought he was ahead of schedule, but after some tests this week, I heard he was not healing as fast as expected.  They did not specifically give a date, but my guess is that, based on the original expectation, it will be the 2nd or 3rd week of May before he is back playing.  Probably a rehab stint after that.  So, 3rd or 4th week of May seems reasonable.  

Edited by 5fouls

Cubs Win! They needed that one after giving away the first game in San Diego when they blew an 8-0 lead. If they win today, they will be back to .500 on road trip.

On a side note, I am tired of the west coast start times...I went to bed after 6 innings last night....I am getting old.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

image.png.3351e37c74fc87f343050964b57cda67.png

As a right handed hitter, I always hit righties better than lefties...

If I was facing a lefty that threw a good tailing fastball and he started it in the middle of the plate, I wasn't touching him...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1