2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I know I’m biased but STL has the best opening day tradition in baseball IMO. Always such a spectacle. 

Drive 4 hours east. Opening day in Cincinnati isn’t a spectacle, it’s an all day event and is basically a holiday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Drive 4 hours east. Opening day in Cincinnati isn’t a spectacle, it’s an all day event and is basically a holiday.

You can't tell that to Cardinal fans... They think a Clydesdale shitting on a baseball field is big time stuff... 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You can't tell that to Cardinal fans... They think a Clydesdale shitting on a baseball field is big time stuff... 

Marge’s dogs were almost that big. 

Too bad one of them didn’t nip her in the jugular about 10 years before the old bat finally bit the big one. 

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Clydesales and all the former players coming back is beyond special. Can’t think of another team that does it better. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Have to ask how you became a Blues fan haha. 

Grew up in southern IL. Baseball-wise, everyone was either a Cubs fan or a Cards fan. Decided I’d pick a team that would annoy them both and wound up picking a team that offers nothing but perpetual misery. 

Hockey-wise, my dad was originally from Chicago and was a Hawks fan. Apply previous logic. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Clydesales and all the former players coming back is beyond special. Can’t think of another team that does it better. 

I was watching MLB Network on opening day.  Adam Wainright was on. He talked about how St. Louis did it, but went on to gush about Cincinnati.

Edited by 5fouls

Cubs 5 game winning streak is over. Dodgers beat Cubs 4-1 today. Cubs wasted golden opportunity in the first with bases loaded nobody out and didn't score. Hopefully Cubbies win the rubber game tomorrow.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 2

Reds are struggling with another LH starter pitcher. This has been a problem for the last couple of years. Instead of having Benson, Farley and Martini we have Fairchild, Bubba Thompson and Espinal in the lineup. 

Feel bad for Reds reliever Tejay Antone who missed most of the last two years with an arm injury just had to leave the game

11 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Cubs in rain delay in bottom of 4th with Cubs up 6-0. Dodgers crying about playing in the rain after they are down big.

Does them no good. They'll just suspend it and play it later...with that 6 run deficit still intact 🙂

• Like 1

Yankees take 2 of 3 from the Blue Jays and are now 8-2. If you would have told me the Bronx Bombers would have swept the the Arse-Stroles in 4 games (at Minute Maid Stadium), then go to Arizona, a WS team, and take 2 of 3 games, I would have thought you were crazy!!

In today's game Stanton belts a grand "Stantonian" slam!!! I know it's early, but this old man is enjoying it....

Back to back walkoffs and the Buccos are 8-2, good for tied for first in the league, and take the series over the Orioles. Wasn’t pretty today offensively, but we found a way. Good to see us keep it going against a good team.