2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Posted (edited)

I am totally into MLB this year.  There were several years in a row where I barely even watched the Reds.  Now, I'm watching any game, Reds or otherwise, that I can make time for.

I can honestly say the pitch clock and elimination of the shift saved baseball for me.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

Did any of y'all the the EPIC Wally Backman rant? I don't wanna link it because it breaks forum rules like, 900 times, but you want to relive a Bob Knight motivational speech, just put "Wally Backman rant" in your search engine...But make sure no youngsters are around...

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I am totally into MLB this year.  There were several years in a row where I barely even watched the Reds.  Now, I'm watching any game, Reds or otherwise, that I can make time for.

I can honestly say the pitch clock and elimination of the shift saved baseball for me.  

With ya...I like the pitch clock better than I thought I would...

Still some things I have to get used to (Oven Mitts on the bases) but I'm enjoying a LOT of baseball this year...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This is the first year I’ve really started watching again since pre Covid. I hated the shift and I wasn’t sure about the pitch clock but I have liked it more than I thought…I like games ending under 3 hours for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

At least here in the Indy area I haven't been able to watch all the Reds games. They are on the same channel as the Pacers so any time the Pacers play we don't get the Reds game.

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At least here in the Indy area I haven't been able to watch all the Reds games. They are on the same channel as the Pacers so any time the Pacers play we don't get the Reds game.

I would not like that at all.  I have Direct TV and, in the Louisville market, we get both Pacers and Reds, but on different channels.  

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Fubo

Just announced that Mr. The Yankees Win, The Yankees Win guy, and the voice of the Yankees, John Sterling, has announced he is retiring, effective immediately. He is in his 80's and I hope it doesn't have anything to do with his health. I know how Cub fans felt when Harry Carey gave up broadcasting.

I'll miss his hokey homerun calls......

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not a good start for the Reds starter Frankie Montas after facing 4 batters

Walk

Walk

Homer

Walk

29 pitches and no outs down 3-0

Seattle has one if the worst offenses In the league and has 5 batters under .200 in the lineup 

Just now walked lead off in 3rd followed with another home run.  He’s walked five in 2 innings.  Take him out. He’s thrown over 65 pitches.  

Edited by jv1972iu

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I prefer pitchers to pitch. 

Joking...I know it's here to stay...

There were some pretty good hitters among pitchers back in the day...Drysdale, Gibson, Earl Wilson...

And there was this guy named Ruth...🙂

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

Joking...I know it's here to stay...

There were some pretty good hitters among pitchers back in the day...Drysdale, Gibson, Earl Wilson...

And there was this guy named Ruth...🙂

yeah for sure there are, those guys can play. It's crazy the amount of guys that really probably could have been MLB players at another position or, if not, very close. Hunter Greene comes to mind as a quick example. (obviously there are 100s of others)...

Mike Leake, Homer Bailey, Mat Latos, and Bronson Arroyo were a pretty fun Reds group of pitchers that could hit, and won the NL Central a couple of years during that time, as well. Mike hit .295/.305/.440 in 69 PA

I simply like the game, respectfully, A LOT better with the DH. 

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

yeah for sure there are, those guys can play. It's crazy the amount of guys that really probably could have been MLB players at another position or, if not, very close. Hunter Greene comes to mind as a quick example. (obviously there are 100s of others)...

Mike Leake, Homer Bailey, Mat Latos, and Bronson Arroyo were a pretty fun Reds group of pitchers that could hit, and won the NL Central a couple of years during that time, as well. Mike hit .295/.305/.440 in 69 PA

I simply like the game, respectfully, A LOT better with the DH. 

We'll never change each other's minds, but this is the ONLY home run in Mickey Lolich's 16 year career and on the biggest stage...

As Harry Caray says at the end of the clip, "that's what makes baseball the fascinating, unpredictable game it is." 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not a good start for the Reds starter Frankie Montas after facing 4 batters

Walk

Walk

Homer

Walk

29 pitches and no outs down 3-0

Seattle has one if the worst offenses In the league and has 5 batters under .200 in the lineup 

14 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Just now walked lead off in 3rd followed with another home run.  He’s walked five in 2 innings.  Take him out. He’s thrown over 65 pitches.  

Yankees were glad to get rid of him, damaged goods.....

29 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

He had a pretty good start to the season before last night.  I'll think he'll be fine.  He's already shown a lot of leadership with the Reds young pitchers.

55 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yeah, the Reds decided to take a chance.  He’s 2-2 so far, but hasn’t been as strong as they’d hoped.  I’m not sold on him, but perfectly willing to give him more time.  He threw 66 pitches into the third inning and 32 were balls.  He had no command of his pitches whatsoever.  

Edited by jv1972iu

48 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yeah, the Reds decided to take a chance.  He’s 2-2 so far, but hasn’t been as strong as they’d hoped.  I’m not sold on him, but perfectly willing to give him more time.  He threw 66 pitches into the third inning and 32 were balls.  He had no command of his pitches whatsoever.  

That's the Montas Yankee fans remember....

Hope he turns it around for you guys