HSN Fantasy Football

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else struggling with Achane today? I know Mostert is out but I'm not auto inserting him in across the board. Honestly I'm playing Zamir White over him.

I put him in my starting lineup at 12:57. I’m glad I did. I sucked in HSN this year, but I’m at 95% likely now according to yahoo to win the championship is my other league. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I put him in my starting lineup at 12:57. I’m glad I did. I sucked in HSN this year, but I’m at 95% likely now according to yahoo to win the championship is my other league. 

It's not going to cost me in 1 and it's going to be close in another. Those 10+ points could prove to be needed.

Congrats to @Seeking6 and @PAHoosier for taking home the championships this year.  I will have a complete breakdown of next season's team distribution by league later in the week.  

Basically, if you were in the playoffs this season or you are @dgambill (Champions provisional), you will be in Champions.  Ifs you missed the playoffs, you are the 2nd team for@Indykev, or you are @02Hoosier (who will take the spot vacated by my 2nd team), you will be in HSN2.

The info I will provide later this week will map out the league advancement priority should someone in Champions not play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Congrats to @Seeking6 and @PAHoosier for taking home the championships this year.  I will have a complete breakdown of next season's team distribution by league later in the week.  

Basically, if you were in the playoffs this season or you are @dgambill (Champions provisional), you will be in Champions.  Ifs you missed the playoffs, you are the 2nd team for@Indykev, or you are @02Hoosier (who will take the spot vacated by my 2nd team), you will be in HSN2.

The info I will provide later this week will map out the league advancement priority should someone in Champions not play.

Thanks. Thought I was cooked after 17 points from Goff and Pollard. Had a good team all year but hate it when the best team doesn't win....which I thought @ephul had. 

Thanks to you guys for running things again!

• Like 1

Anyone else still going this week? I have 1 league where it's 18 weeks. Best record decides. We did this years ago to avoid bad beats. Have another league where we do 2 weeks (17 and 18) combined points.

Trying to navigate the landmines is tough. Starters resting,etc...luckily I picked up Elijah Mitchell 2 weeks ago just in case. Just picked up Pierre Strong from Cleveland.

Anyone else still rolling and see some good plays besides the starters for teams with something to play for?

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else still going this week? I have 1 league where it's 18 weeks. Best record decides. We did this years ago to avoid bad beats. Have another league where we do 2 weeks (17 and 18) combined points.

Trying to navigate the landmines is tough. Starters resting,etc...luckily I picked up Elijah Mitchell 2 weeks ago just in case. Just picked up Pierre Strong from Cleveland.

Anyone else still rolling and see some good plays besides the starters for teams with something to play for?

2 week championship for me also. Gotta bench Rice and Kelce this week. Putting McBride and hopefully Josh Jacobs at flex if he’s healthy. If not, it’ll be Waddle or Achane. Having 4 guys with limited snaps this week isn’t ideal (Ford and Flowers are the other two).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

2 week championship for me also. Gotta bench Rice and Kelce this week. Putting McBride and hopefully Josh Jacobs at flex if he’s healthy. If not, it’ll be Waddle or Achane. Having 4 guys with limited snaps this week isn’t ideal (Ford and Flowers are the other two).

I've got one league with Stafford, Kelce, Allen, Devonta Smith, and Nucua. No clue what I'm going to do because Nucua will start and get the record but does he get pulled after reaching 30 yards?

Tough situation for you though with Achane and Waddle being Sunday Night decisions. Not sure if Cedric Wilson or Jeff Wilson are available but those would be the next guys up. Good luck! I like and hate week 18. Like because it causes you to really do some homework but hate because of the guys you just can't play.

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 3:55 PM, Seeking6 said:

Still going.  2 week championship in my ESPN league.  Down 9 points after Week 1.

2 QB league.  I have Love, who should be good to play, Lawrence, who should play if medical cleared, Herbert, done for year, and Stick, who I will play if Lawrence does not go.

RB I have JT, Swift, Walker, Hubbard, and Allgeier to cover 2 spots.  I should be good.  May have to use 1 in Flex spot as well.

At WR (start 3), it's Jefferson (?) St. Brown, Rice (?), Cooks, and Waddle (?).  If more than two of those guys sits for rest or injury, I'm dumpster diving.

At TE, I'll sit Kelce and hope Likely plays.  If Likely does not, I'm dumpster diving there as well.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Still going.  2 week championship in my ESPN league.  Down 9 points after Week 1.

2 QB league.  I have Love, who should be good to play, Lawrence, who should play if medical cleared, Herbert, done for year, and Stick, who I will play if Lawrence does not go.

RB I have JT, Swift, Walker, Hubbard, and Allgeier to cover 2 spots.  I should be good.  May have to use 1 in Flex spot as well.

At WR (start 3), it's Jefferson (?) St. Brown, Rice (?), Cooks, and Waddle (?).  If more than two of those guys sits for rest or injury, I'm dumpster diving.

At TE, I'll sit Kelce and hope Likely plays.  If Likely does not, I'm dumpster diving there as well.

He may not be available but Mundt from Minnesota has moved in nicely for Hock and Detroit loves to give up points to Tight Ends. Another option might be Gray from KC too. Otherwise you seem to be in good shape! Good Luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry for the delays in getting some of this stuff out.  I've been extremely busy lately.  Here are the final standings in the Champions League after the playoffs and consolation bracket.,

image.png.ea1129e15562424e1aa7de514e41f9fc.png

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Based on the above standings, here is the League setup for next year, including the order of promotion in case someone from Champions does not play.  @dgambilluses his defending champions provisional to stay in Champions.

Champions League

@Seeking6

@ephul

@ATX_sig

@Indykev

@B_A

@iuswingman  

@dgambill

@PAHoosier

@BeerBQ

@Steubenhoosier

@KoB2011

@KDB

HSN2 (in order of promotion if Champions spot opens up)

@NotIThatLives

@Drroogh

@5fouls

@trc

@mrflynn03

@HoosierDPU95

@btownqb

@rico

@Parakeet Jones

@Sagamore

@02Hoosier (New Player)

@Indykev (Plays both leagues)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Won the Championship in my ESPN league. J. Love, Jefferson, St. Brown, J. Taylor, and T. Spears all had big games for me this past weekend.

Always nice to get a W each year. Going to be interesting to see how things unfold next year. Feel like some players will be dropping because of Father Time and others jumping. Here's a first look. I can tell you that if I could start my team off with a Kyren Williams/Puca Nacua at the turn I'd be happy. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/2024/01/pat-fitzmaurices-early-2024-fantasy-football-mock-draft/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Always nice to get a W each year. Going to be interesting to see how things unfold next year. Feel like some players will be dropping because of Father Time and others jumping. Here's a first look. I can tell you that if I could start my team off with a Kyren Williams/Puca Nacua at the turn I'd be happy. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/2024/01/pat-fitzmaurices-early-2024-fantasy-football-mock-draft/

I won my 8 team league this year so I’ll be drafting at the 8-9 spots. I’m targeting St. Brown for sure. I snagged him late second round last year and he was a league winner for me. Don’t know who else I’ll target but I like AJ Brown and Breece Hall at that spot too if I can get them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I won my 8 team league this year so I’ll be drafting at the 8-9 spots. I’m targeting St. Brown for sure. I snagged him late second round last year and he was a league winner for me. Don’t know who else I’ll target but I like AJ Brown and Breece Hall at that spot too if I can get them. 

I've never done an 8 team league. That would feel weird with so much talent going each week. I did a 14 team one this year for first time and let's just say you have to be active on wire. My starting backfield this weekend was Zamir White, Jamaal Williams, and Herbert....with Allen, Kelce, and Devonta Smith on bench. Weird year.

1 hour ago, 02Hoosier said:

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I've never done an 8 team league. That would feel weird with so much talent going each week. I did a 14 team one this year for first time and let's just say you have to be active on wire. My starting backfield this weekend was Zamir White, Jamaal Williams, and Herbert....with Allen, Kelce, and Devonta Smith on bench. Weird year.

My ESPN league is a 2QB, 3WR, IDP format with 16 starters each week (6 defense) and 26 man rosters.  

Requires a lot of work to maintain sufficient depth at each position.

For next season we get to keep 6 offensive and 3 defensive players.  It's going to feel good to knowing I can start the season with  WR core of Jefferson, St. Brown, and Rice.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My ESPN league is a 2QB, 3WR, IDP format with 16 starters each week (6 defense) and 26 man rosters.  

Requires a lot of work to maintain sufficient depth at each position.

For next season we get to keep 6 offensive and 3 defensive players.  It's going to feel good to knowing I can start the season with  WR core of Jefferson, St. Brown, and Rice.

Wow that seems a little too complex/involved for my group haha. That definitely sounds fun though. 

2 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Wow that seems a little too complex/involved for my group haha. That definitely sounds fun though. 

It is.  Not a huge fan of IDP as it can be quite a bit more random as far as scoring each week.  But, you do have some guys like Zaire Franklin, who I have, that give you a consistent 8-12 tackles each week.  The real fluctuations on defense come from turnovers and sacks.

I do enjoy the keeper part.  Adds some strategy.  Going into this past season we could only keep 3 offensive players from the previous year. And, I had 4 guys I really wanted to keep (Jefferson, St. Brown, Kelce, and McCaffrey).

I chose St. Brown over McCaffrey due to age and injury history, and despite McCaffrey's huge season, I dont regret it. Drafting last, I knew I would not get him back, and he was #1 off the board in th he draft.  I still won the Championship this year without him.   If I had a do-over, I would have dropped Kelce instead.

I'm seriously considering letting Kelce go after this season and keeping Rice as my primary piece of the Chiefs offense.  In addition to my 3 receivers, I want to keep 2 of my QBs and J. Taylor at RB.  All the QB injuries this year have me gun-shy about not rostering ahead of time. 

In a 2 QB league, you are up a creek if you're starting guys like Kenny Pickett or Sam Howell each week.  As of now, I'm planning on keeping Love and Herbert and letting Lawrence go with the hope that a 3rd legit QB starter is still available when I draft at the turn.

45 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It is.  Not a huge fan of IDP as it can be quite a bit more random as far as scoring each week.  But, you do have some guys like Zaire Franklin, who I have, that give you a consistent 8-12 tackles each week.  The real fluctuations on defense come from turnovers and sacks.

I do enjoy the keeper part.  Adds some strategy.  Going into this past season we could only keep 3 offensive players from the previous year. And, I had 4 guys I really wanted to keep (Jefferson, St. Brown, Kelce, and McCaffrey).

I chose St. Brown over McCaffrey due to age and injury history, and despite McCaffrey's huge season, I dont regret it. Drafting last, I knew I would not get him back, and he was #1 off the board in th he draft.  I still won the Championship this year without him.   If I had a do-over, I would have dropped Kelce instead.

I'm seriously considering letting Kelce go after this season and keeping Rice as my primary piece of the Chiefs offense.  In addition to my 3 receivers, I want to keep 2 of my QBs and J. Taylor at RB.  All the QB injuries this year have me gun-shy about not rostering ahead of time. 

In a 2 QB league, you are up a creek if you're starting guys like Kenny Pickett or Sam Howell each week.  As of now, I'm planning on keeping Love and Herbert and letting Lawrence go with the hope that a 3rd legit QB starter is still available when I draft at the turn.

I like the idea of a keeper league. May have to talk my buddies into it.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me in these leagues.  I've only played 2 years and my teams have been meh but after the first year Ibarely made the cut to champions league.  This year finished 3rd but my team was probably 2nd division scoring wise so luck factored in.  Wasn't all good luck as it didn't help that Chubb was my 1st round pick and Tee Higgins was my 2nd best receiver when drafted and Trevor lawrence got all beat up just when he looked like he was about to repeat last year's finish.  Looking forward to next year.  McBride was the best thing that really happened for me as I got him right when Waller went down.  

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 6:14 PM, 5fouls said:

Based on the above standings, here is the League setup for next year, including the order of promotion in case someone from Champions does not play.  @dgambilluses his defending champions provisional to stay in Champions.

Champions League

@Seeking6

@ephul

@ATX_sig

@Indykev

@B_A

@iuswingman  

@dgambill

@PAHoosier

@BeerBQ

@Steubenhoosier

@KoB2011

@KDB

HSN2 (in order of promotion if Champions spot opens up)

@NotIThatLives

@Drroogh

@5fouls

@trc

@mrflynn03

@HoosierDPU95

@btownqb

@rico

@Parakeet Jones

@Sagamore

@02Hoosier (New Player)

@Indykev (Plays both leagues)

How can I beat you 4 times if you are only playing one league?

• Haha 1