Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Relatively, the Big Ten is about as good a conference as any out there.  That speaks more to how weak and wide open D1 is this season.  Most of the "blue bloods" suck.  If Turdue with all it's flaws is the overall #1 seed, that should tell you a lot about how down D1 is this year.  On the plus side, that means about 30 teams could win it all...including IU.

Right on the money….it’s wide open this year, and there for the taking - just gotta get hot and stay hot come Tournament time!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

A win in Evanston tonight would not only strengthen the confidence this team is definitely building right now as well as quiet some doubters. Not that it matters what ANYONE says, but kids do listen and kids do follow social media. It can be a double edge sword too, both motivational and disheartening.

Just my two cents but if this group of kids hasn't silenced the doubters (win or lose tonight) those doubters will never be silenced. Yes...I'll keep pointing out the injuries. Rutgers loses one key guy and now lost 3 in a row. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my two cents but if this group of kids hasn't silenced the doubters (win or lose tonight) those doubters will never be silenced. Yes...I'll keep pointing out the injuries. Rutgers loses one key guy and now lost 3 in a row. 

I bolded your comment above..... Because of Coach Woodson and Co., as well as the type of young men this team has, they have already done that..... a long time ago. Any other chatter is just motivation! 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The league is deep but lacks the top end talent

yah, it depends on what you call a "good" conference. Do you consider it to be a couple teams that are top tier and the remaining teams not soo much. or do you consider balance and having all but 1 team good and not necessarily any world beaters? not a right answer here, just a difference in opinions depending who you talk to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

yah, it depends on what you call a "good" conference. Do you consider it to be a couple teams that are top tier and the remaining teams not soo much. or do you consider balance and having all but 1 team good and not necessarily any world beaters? not a right answer here, just a difference in opinions depending who you talk to.

The NCAAT is the final answer to how good the B1G is or isn't.  We are going to get our share of teams in it.  Now can those teams advance?  Can a couple of those teams get into the FF.  Will a B1G team win the title?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I personally think it's just different flavors of good. I think we all probably just prefer whatever helps IU get back to being elite and competing for titles. 

22 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I bolded your comment above..... Because of Coach Woodson and Co., as well as the type of young men this team has, they have already done that..... a long time ago. Any other chatter is just motivation! 

If you read other places there are still a lot of negativity towards this team and coaches.  Some people will never be happy no matter what happens on the court. They would rather be right about something instead of happy to be wrong.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well I meant NCAA, but I guess it applies to both. 

I was thinking more BTT... As I said, the more distance we can put between us and the current 6-7 loss teams, the better chance to secure a top 4 seed and a double bye in the BTT...Just 10 days ago, we would have been the 9 seed... 

I know one game might not seem that significant, but at this time of year, getting all the rest you can helps... Especially as hard as we ride 1 and sometimes 2 particular players... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rico said:

The NCAAT is the final answer to how good the B1G is or isn't.  We are going to get our share of teams in it.  Now can those teams advance?  Can a couple of those teams get into the FF.  Will a B1G team win the title?  

I know that's the popular answer and what most (especially the media) judge by, but match-ups etc can determine a lot in a single elimination tournament. Much like the "Big Ten hasn't won a title in over 20 years!" narrative that ignores how many (and different) teams have made the FF over that time span.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

I know that's the popular answer and what most (especially the media) judge by, but match-ups etc can determine a lot in a single elimination tournament. Much like the "Big Ten hasn't won a title in over 20 years!" narrative that ignores how many (and different) teams have made the FF over that time span.

Oh, I understand that.  The media does what the media does.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If you read other places there are still a lot of negativity towards this team and coaches.  Some people will never be happy no matter what happens on the court. They would rather be right about something instead of happy to be wrong.

Just like social media if you visit a place that people are saying that? Just unfollow and move along. No need to have that sort of stupidity in your life.

12 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Exactly, even one of the commentators mentioned that Podcast should focus playing as opposed to doing dumb crap. 

that doesnt sound familiar at all... see this board about a month and a half ago. Winning is easy. Losing is hard. you found out who people are when that losing starts. Players, coaches, and the fans alike. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

that doesnt sound familiar at all... see this board about a month and a half ago. Winning is easy. Losing is hard. you found out who people are when that losing starts. Players, coaches, and the fans alike. 

So Michigan found out Dickinson is a cat burglar?

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1