Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

21 minutes ago, rico said:

His granfather's cousin was Chuck Essegian...this blurb from the article...

"Chuck Essegian set a World Series record with two pinch-hit home runs, and became just the second player to play in both the Rose Bowl and World Series."

Anyone else know who the 1st player to play in both the Rose Bowl and WS was?

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

His granfather's cousin was Chuck Essegian...this blurb from the article...

"Chuck Essegian set a World Series record with two pinch-hit home runs, and became just the second player to play in both the Rose Bowl and World Series."

Anyone else know who the 1st player to play in both the Rose Bowl and WS was?

Jackie Jensen.  He is mentioned on Chuck's Wiki page.

• Like 1

Just now, rico said:

Jackie Jensen.  He is mentioned on Chuck's Wiki page.

I'd read "The Jackie Jensen Story" when I was a kid...Along with every other sports biography I could get a hold of...

"Ball Four" by Jim Bouton and "Seeing it Through" by Tony Conigliaro were my favorites

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 7:39 PM, BGleas said:

Still iritates me that Indiana doesn't use a script alternate. It makes so much sense. 

I even think one that says "Hoosiers" in script would be cool too. 

I saw this in the replies to Ant Wright's tweet. The design is so damn beautiful, I'm just as stunned as B1G Hoosier that these aren't already a thing. Make this the main uniform for all I care. It's absolute fire.

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I saw this in the replies to Ant Wright's tweet. The design is so damn beautiful, I'm just as stunned as B1G Hoosier that these aren't already a thing. Make this the main uniform for all I care. It's absolute fire.

Completely agree! It just makes so much sense!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BGleas said:

I guess he thinks Zed Key is going to play the 4 with Okpara on the floor at the same time? Oooookay...And I'd put Key at #5 on that list if he's healthy...If it IS Okpara starting, he's a better rim defender than anybody on that list not named Cliff Omoruyi...And I'd think the well travelled Qudus Wahab would be penciled in for Penn State...at about the same position he had Deloach...

Edey

Omoruyi

Reese

Crowl

Key

Danja

Ware

Krikke

Payne

Reed

Nicholson

Sissoko

Mast

Wahab

If Holtmann does play Okpara and Key together, take Key out, move everybody up one, and put Okpara just below Ware...

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I guess he thinks Zed Key is going to play the 4 with Okpara on the floor at the same time? Oooookay...And I'd put Key at #5 on that list if he's healthy...If it IS Okpara starting, he's a better rim defender than anybody on that list not named Cliff Omoruyi...And I'd think the well travelled Qudus Wahab would be penciled in for Penn State...at about the same position he had Deloach...

Edey

Omoruyi

Reese

Crowl

Key

Danja

Ware

Krikke

Payne

Reed

Nicholson

Sissoko

Mast

Wahab

If Holtmann does play Okpara and Key together, take Key out, move everybody up one, and put Okpara just below Ware...

Hopefully, Ware is hard at work on the strength and conditioning program. He's currently giving up a minimum 30 pounds to just about everyone on the list. He hasn't seen the size and physicality of B1G interior play. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hopefully, Ware is hard at work on the strength and conditioning program. He's currently giving up a minimum 30 pounds to just about everyone on the list. He hasn't seen the size and physicality of B1G interior play. 

Very much so...Here are 2 full games of his from last year...First against eventual champion UConn...

Probably the best game Kel'el played as a Duck, and he shows his enormous potential...

His line from that game...

image.png.2aa6949e192ae49e1b14acb731044bef.png

Later in the year, his game vs UCLA @ Oregon...

He does get bodied a lot by Bona (235 lbs) and Nwuba (255 lbs)...

Line from that game

image.png.36852077d4b6a8a85f6d39d3bbcb727f.png

I seriously think he's the major key in IU being a good team, or one that contends for a Big 10 title, and competes well in the tournament...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Very much so...Here are 2 full games of his from last year...First against eventual champion UConn...

Probably the best game Kel'el played as a Duck, and he shows his enormous potential...

His line from that game...

image.png.2aa6949e192ae49e1b14acb731044bef.png

Later in the year, his game vs UCLA @ Oregon...

He does get bodied a lot by Bona (235 lbs) and Nwuba (255 lbs)...

Line from that game

image.png.36852077d4b6a8a85f6d39d3bbcb727f.png

I seriously think he's the major key in IU being a good team, or one that contends for a Big 10 title, and competes well in the tournament...

You can't post Pac12 game videos without first issuing a Bill Walton warning

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

Geez, I'm glad we are stocked with depth at the 4/5.  As of today we might not have 2 guys at the top of everyone's list but Ware's ceiling is as high as anyones.  And honestly Malik was getting buckets on these dudes last year as a frosh.  I'm pretty confident he's ready to step up.  Then we throw in a motivated and physically ready Sparks that's already 255 and a very seasoned Walker to provide depth.  

Definitely not worried about our production at the 4/5.  The question will certainly be defense though.  Malik was a foul machine and got blown by way too much.  

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This has got to sting for Illini fans...Click on each successive picture...

Kid was told by Underwood he wasn't good enough at Illinois, went to Santa Clara and lit it up, and was the 19th pick in the draft, joining TJD at Golder State...

Reading the replies a lot of butt hurt. I didn’t realize The Illini have a European tour this summer?

• Like 1