Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think 5 is fair. When you lose that much production no matter who you get to replace them with there will be questions.

The only one in front of us I’m struggling to understand is Ohio State. The other 3 I get, although I think we have the highest ceiling of everyone. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The only one in front of us I’m struggling to understand is Ohio State. The other 3 I get, although I think we have the highest ceiling of everyone. 

I think Ohio State is the second biggest wildcard next to IU in the Big 10...

Zed Key should be healthy after battling injuries last year. I thought Thornton was solid as a freshman PG, and Okpara has a big upside...

But I think Roddy Gayle has to make strides this year...sure they brought in Jamison Battle, but the Buckeyes were a bad defensive team and didn't share the ball well, and Battle doesn't address either one of those flaws. 

Gayle showed what he's capable of in the Big 10 Tournament...

They also have 3 top 50 kids coming in...

It'll be interesting to see how Holtmann does with this group...

Not saying he can't handle it, but I do think there's potential for another Sensabaugh/Sueing type struggle if he's not careful 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Still iritates me that Indiana doesn't use a script alternate. It makes so much sense. 

I even think one that says "Hoosiers" in script would be cool too. 

Just my two cents of fashion and marketing.....those look brutal to me. Never have liked any of them with maybe the lone exception being Sparty. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Still iritates me that Indiana doesn't use a script alternate. It makes so much sense. 

I even think one that says "Hoosiers" in script would be cool too. 

IU has this but they don’t use it on the uniforms.  Is that what you mean, you wish they used this on the uniforms? 

image.png.4cf5f52649df47bdf73dfcc06a7c7ecf.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

IU has this but they don’t use it on the uniforms.  Is that what you mean, you wish they used this on the uniforms? 

image.png.4cf5f52649df47bdf73dfcc06a7c7ecf.png

Yeah, exactly. Knew IU has the script, would love to see an alternate uni with it. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

Isn’t it on the warm up tops they wear with the candy stripes? I don’t care for those uniforms but it looks good on the warmups.

7B91EC3E-823E-4B65-937D-444EDFE9188B.jpeg

Yeah, looks like it's on the warm-ups. Would love a alternate jersey with it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Where is the best place to get official IU Gear?  From the school?  Someplace in Bloomington?  Online for me though

Our apparel is terrible from Adidas.  I can't tell you how many times I have seen players, coaches, etc. wearing something that looks nice only to find out it is not available to the general public.  I really think whomever handles our licensing needs to do better, whether it is the throwback stuff or what is put out by Adidas.  A soccer jersey seems like a no brainer as an example, but there are so many more creative things they could do with our stuff.  It is often just bland and cheap looking.  I am constantly jealous of other programs, even Adidas sponsored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, IUFLA said:

I think Ohio State is the second biggest wildcard next to IU in the Big 10...

Zed Key should be healthy after battling injuries last year. I thought Thornton was solid as a freshman PG, and Okpara has a big upside...

But I think Roddy Gayle has to make strides this year...sure they brought in Jamison Battle, but the Buckeyes were a bad defensive team and didn't share the ball well, and Battle doesn't address either one of those flaws. 

Gayle showed what he's capable of in the Big 10 Tournament...

They also have 3 top 50 kids coming in...

It'll be interesting to see how Holtmann does with this group...

Not saying he can't handle it, but I do think there's potential for another Sensabaugh/Sueing type struggle if he's not careful 

Love your knowledge about the whole conference and not just IU....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Just saw this posted, which says that IU Athletics ranked 13th nationally in revenue in 2022. 

And linked in the comments were some stats. Most interesting to me was how we surpassed the B1G median in 2022. What happened in 2022 that resulted in the huge jump in comparison to other B1G schools?

EDE01267-59D8-4CF5-9869-4F1931B59E72.jpeg

I found this interesting as well and surprising.  Would like to know how we have grown our budget and revenue so much over last half-decade. 

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Just saw this posted, which says that IU Athletics ranked 13th nationally in revenue in 2022. 

And linked in the comments were some stats. Most interesting to me was how we surpassed the B1G median in 2022. What happened in 2022 that resulted in the huge jump in comparison to other B1G schools?

According to this, there was a big jump on contributions in 2022

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/151351

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

We dumped Archie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

According to this, there was a big jump on contributions in 2022

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/151351

Per Osterman’s article, it sounds like it was a $38 million gift/loan from the IU Foundation to help with impacts of Covid on the athletic department. Thought I saw it had to be repaid over 30 years. If you take the revenue minus that $38 million gift it’s almost equal to last year’s contributions. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Thanks 1