Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

As we close down the year and look forward to next. Quick question for those that know far more than me. Which team or teams are positioned for top of Big 10 next year. I would assume Sparty is 1st with what they have returning and their incoming recruiting class. Probably go Purdue next with Eady alone.....but after that who else is going to be top tier? 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As we close down the year and look forward to next. Quick question for those that know far more than me. Which team or teams are positioned for top of Big 10 next year. I would assume Sparty is 1st with what they have returning and their incoming recruiting class. Probably go Purdue next with Eady alone.....but after that who else is going to be top tier? 

OSU maybe?  With their young guys and the class they have coming in on paper they should be really good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

OSU maybe?  With their young guys and the class they have coming in on paper they should be really good.

Might be some addition by subtraction there as well...

Thorton, Gayle, Okpara, and Key isn't a bad start...And as you said, they have the 2nd best recruiting class in the Big 10 coming in...

I expect Michigan State to be good with Hoggard, Sissoko, and Akins back and the top recruiting class in the Big 10...

And Wisconsin will be better too I think...Hepburn, Crowl, Essigian, Klesmit probably Wahl (he can have a covid year) are all good, experienced players...

After all the portal hubbub calms down might be a better picture...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Gotta work on that tie, Trayce...too short and off center. 😜

Who are the two young ladies and what is the context?

Edit:  Nevermind...geez.  They look so much different off the court.

Tie has to go 

my goal in life is to never wear another tie…. ⚰️ 🪦 

• Like 1

Just throwing this in here unless someone wants to start a new thread. Big 10 expected to announce Tony Petitti as new commissioner. Don't know a thing about him other than for MLB guy and one who seems to be responsible for CBS Sports and NFL back in the late 90's. If anyone knows anything on the guy I'd love some info.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just throwing this in here unless someone wants to start a new thread. Big 10 expected to announce Tony Petitti as new commissioner. Don't know a thing about him other than for MLB guy and one who seems to be responsible for CBS Sports and NFL back in the late 90's. If anyone knows anything on the guy I'd love some info.

IMG_20230411_172807.gif.abcbe30710e3dc539937a3fc2d7290e0.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Petitti has more than 30 years of executive experience within the sports and entertainment industries, including 11 years at Major League Baseball (MLB) where he ultimately served as deputy commissioner for Business and Media from 2017-2019. The role included oversight for all digital and MLB Network content, broadcast relationships including all linear and digital media sales and rights negotiations, special events, postseason scheduling, international, youth programs and marketing activities. Additionally, he led MLB’s efforts to bring new diverse youth into the game through innovative programs across the country and expanded the league’s international development initiatives. Petitti joined MLB in 2008 to create, launch, and oversee programming for MLB Network and was promoted to chief operating officer in 2014. 

Prior to MLB, Petitti served in senior executive roles at ABC, NBC and CBS, overseeing the rights acquisition deals for a variety of sports and leagues, including the NFL, NCAA Basketball Tournament, PGA Tour and SEC Football. A 14-time Emmy Award winner, he was executive vice president and executive producer at CBS Sports, where he was responsible for the network’s sports programming and production. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 2:51 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Walker is back for MSU.  They will be decent next year.  Super unfortunate that sleeze pool gets to enjoy success.   

Iowa gets Valpos best player.  Ben Krikke.  1st team mvc, 20 ppg.  

Hall is back.  Sadly crybaby Izzo is loaded up for hopefully his last run and he'll go away.  

Edited by NotIThatLives