Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

Not gonna lie, kind of glad this season is over. Probably will have to add some more guys from the portal for next year, hope they are more committed than Mayer who seems to have checked out a few games ago. Most exasperating season/team I can remember. Underwood needs to figure out what his offense is going to be and not have to reboot it mid-season again. Because that was ugly.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Not gonna lie, kind of glad this season is over. Probably will have to add some more guys from the portal for next year, hope they are more committed than Mayer who seems to have checked out a few games ago. Most exasperating season/team I can remember. Underwood needs to figure out what his offense is going to be and not have to reboot it mid-season again. Because that was ugly.

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

What's the general mood of Illini Nation? I have an IL friend that I haven't reached out to yet. Trying to give him some space. 

You saw my post...I think this outcome was expected after the last month or so of terrible play. Next year will be pretty huge for Underwood. Some talk that TSJ will return, but probably some xfers out as well. If there's another season like this one then the seat's going to warm up a bit.

Hey @Purdue7 need a 4th for golf tomorrow, you in? 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Watching MI @ Vanderbilt on ESPN in the NIT. MI doing their best to choke this one away. Up one with the ball in 19 seconds to go now

They blew the game by turning the ball over 3 straight possessions. I knew Howard was out but why wasn't Bufkin saying at the end. I only watched the last few seconds of the game but said they could have used Bufkin.

FDU didn't win their conference tournament, Merrimack did. However, Merrimack couldn't go to NCAA tourney because they are in their first year as Division I program. So, a program in their 1st year in Division I beats a team in FDU that won just 4 games last year. Why does this matter?  I think we all know.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not sure that matters 

the pressure of past failures builds on these kids and they looked scared 

On 3/19/2023 at 2:12 PM, dgambill said:

In your opinion, what’s the solution? I think this team just grossly outperformed expectations and wore down throughout the year. You could tell Smith and Loyer were struggling down the stretch. Def could’ve used another veteran ball handler. 

• Like 1