Michigan State Post Game Thread

madmax

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was not able to watch tonight's game as the wife and I had other plans. But when we were through, I listened to Fish and the last minute of the game on the drive home. When I heard the rebounding difference, I almost drove off the road! Apparently the team shot like cr@p and still only lost by 3? I tell ya guys and gals, CAM will have this team back where it needs to be, have FAITH!!!

Very proud of this team and to out rebound the best rebounding team by over 20 is a big positive.  It took everything to just be down 8 at half when you shoot 6 for 35 with 9 shots blocked.  If Freddie could just be 6'9 e would be a heck of a PF because he is so limited offensively down low against length like MSU.

8 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

My Hoosiers made me proud tonight! Yep we shot like crap again, but we played with heart! 

Freddie was the MVP for me. Tonight he embodied what a Hoosier player is! 

I just wish we could hit a freaking shot! We are close and I’m sure Coach Miller will get us where we want to be!

I so agree! Freddie earned his start tonight!

Great effort tonight, one of these days, it will be rewarded with a win.  After looking at our remaining schedule, with this same effort, against lesser defenses, I see no reason why we couldn’t win each of the six remaining games.  I’m not saying we will, because as we have all seen, this team doesn’t always show up.....should be interesting.  

i cant walk away too upset about that game. It's clear to me Archie comes to games with the right gameplan in mind with who he is playing against (we saw it with Haas/Purdue, we saw it tonight with exploiting their weak box outs), and our defense has kept us in a few games we have no business being in.

It really sucks we couldnt get a win for Freddie who played so well, but thats what happens when you have the worst senior guards of all time going collectively 2 for 21. Nothing new there sadly. However, it was more apparent tonight than ever IU is just a scorer away from being a competitive team. I hope Romeo sees it that way too.

This game shows exactly why Archie is the coach for us. Archie flat out put us in a position to win. The execution lost the game. The missed free throws and simple mistakes (out of coach's control) lost the game.

MSU was FAR superior in talent, and we lost by 3. And we didn't play well ourselves.

When Archie gets his guys, I truly believe he's going to wreak havoc in the B10.

Really happy with how we fought. It was another game that had too many egregious calls to choose the worst. 

Between our asinine schedule and some of the officiating we've had I think Glass and Archie should cause some people in the league office to feel uncomfortable. 

18 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

But Johnson plays really good defense, so I think he should keep playing. Who cares if he gets 5 points and has 5 turnovers, he plays good defense.

In all my years of watching IU basketball.  Robert Johnson is the worst 4 year starter I have ever seen.  Think about that for awhile.  4 years.  A starter.  Defense be damned, we need some offense out of him.

Great effort by the home team.......

So first wow that was a good game by us except for we have no 3 point bombers no shooters. Our defense was really good almost all night except we left shooters wide open aka Langford in the corner for I believe 3 3 pointers. Next our offense was stagnant near the end of the game. There wasn't alot of movement. Alot of iso ball. Next geez o Pete you couldn't even blow on Ward or they would call a foul in the second half. Also I thought Jackson fouled out twice. Next I don't understand why Archie kept Hartman in so much. I really thought dealing with his injury he wouldn't play as much and Smith would be playing more. Honestly it seems like we are 1 scorer away from making things interesting. We were right there the whole second half except they barely pulled away late. That has happened in 5 or six games. If we would have won three of those we would be looking at a very different projection of where we would be.  It does seem like Archie is able to game plan well though to keep us in games. I am looking forward to next year very much. We could be looking at a very different team next year. So all in all upset we couldn't get over the hump but very happy to see the hustle and grit we showed on a very poor shooting night. 

Archived