Ransom McDermott

btownqb

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

https://247sports.com/player/ransom-mcdermott-46129660/

Looks like we are hot and heavy with him. 

He has also pinned the tweet of his Indiana offer on his profile. (usually a very good sign)

Noblesville runs a funky offense (football in a phone booth) and the OL is not asked to pass block.  Rumor is the offense is going to change next year.  He lined up at TE this year next to a kid who is going to a MAC school.  Personally, I'd wait until I see what he can do in a traditional offense as an OT.

38 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Noblesville runs a funky offense (football in a phone booth) and the OL is not asked to pass block.  Rumor is the offense is going to change next year.  He lined up at TE this year next to a kid who is going to a MAC school.  Personally, I'd wait until I see what he can do in a traditional offense as an OT.

Doesn't have to be an OT at the next level, though. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Nothing wrong with your opinion, though. Hard to figure out what kids can play and which ones can't. 

Only other comment might be... 

How'd he look, regardless? 

Once he locks on he’s pretty good.  Definitely needs more bend and lateral quickness.  You know what they say…you can’t teach big!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2023 at 8:14 PM, thirdgenhoosier said:

Once he locks on he’s pretty good.  Definitely needs more bend and lateral quickness.  You know what they say…you can’t teach big!

6'7" is almost to big. Because they can't bend low enough. Fast ends get the underneath leverage and their gone.

• 3 weeks later...