Indiana HS BSB 2023

Hoosierfan1901

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I have never sat through an entire in person, HS baseball game... I'm ashamed to admit. I was chasing girls/running track/playing AAU basketball in the spring when I was in HS lol 

The sectional games at UE are pretty relaxing if you are in the shade, but, it’s been several years since I went to one

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 11:11 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Pitching doesn’t exist in SIAC

Disagree, Castle's Ace pitcher, Cameron Tilly, struck out 10 in a win over the North Huskies on Tuesday night. His record is 2-0 and era of 1.556. Word was there were 7 MLB scouts to watch him. Radar had his fastball topping out at 91-92! Not too shabby.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Through 3 SIAC games at minimum 

1. Reitz 6-4 (3-0)

2. Castle 9-2 (3-0)

3. North 9-2 (2-1)

4. Central 10-3 (2-1)

5. Vincennes 5-5 (2-1)

6. Jasper 6-1 (2-1)

7. Memorial 5-4 (1-2)

8. Mater Dei 6-3 (0-3)

9. Harrison 4-8 (0-3)

10. Bosse 0-5 (0-3)

Update, only Castle remains as the only undefeated and now SIAC leader

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Update, only Castle remains as the only undefeated and now SIAC leader

Castle and their Ace pitcher, Cameron Tilley, had a tough game against the Harrison Warriors. The game was tied at 3 through 5 innings, until the Knights took the lead for good and winning 6-3. Credit the Warriors, they played a good game and didn't seem to be intimidated.

• 2 weeks later...

Have the pairings out for the SIAC baseball sectionals. Looks like #9 Castle got the short end of the deal as they will have to play 3 games to win, while co-favorite #7 North will only have to play 2 games. Also did not know that Jasper got bumped down to 3A due to enrollment numbers?

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

On 5/1/2023 at 9:21 AM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Big game on Tuesday as the Castle Knights play the Jasper Wildcats. This will be the first time the teams have played each other since the Wildcats upset the favored Knights in last year's sectional championship game.....

Went to the Castle game tonight vs. Jasper. I had not yet seen Tilley pitch yet, he's the real deal. The fireballer struck out 10 giving up 3 hits in a 4-1 victory.

9 hours ago, landrus13 said:

West Vigo won their 27th straight WIC game last night with a 10-0 win over Brown County. Could be 28 straight tonight if we beat Sullivan.

West Vigo won their 28th straight WIC game tonight with a 9-1 win over Sullivan. Host North Daviess on Friday which is also senior night.

I think Hoosierfan1901 is a EV. Memorial fan, IIRC. Surprised he hasn't posted about this game yet.

Disclaimer: I was not at the game last night between the Castle Knights and the Memorial Tigers, as I was at the Castle vs. Gibson Southern J/V game as that was where my grandson plays for.

Apparently it was some game, to say the least!! Both pitchers were on their "A" game as Ace pitcher, Cameron Tilly, struck out 13 while giving up 2 hits. Memorial's pitcher, Matthew Fisher, was equally as tough, striking out 12 and giving up 4 hits! The lone run in the game was scored by the Kinghts in the 2nd inning on a steal of home plate! Final score 1-0 Castle.

Both fan bases got their money's worth in this game!!

As to my grandson's J/V game, it was exciting as well. They were down 6-3 in the bottom of the last inning and got a rally going and won 7-6!! My grandson was also involved in the rally getting a single and scoring a run.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Huge game today down here in E'ville. 2 Top Ten teams are squaring off for the Sectional Championship, #4 North vs. #9 Castle at historic Bosse Field. The Knights will use their Ace pitcher, Cameron Tilley. He is projected to go high in the MLB draft.

On a side note, my grandson got called up to varsity after the Castle J/V team won the SIAC championship. In that game he piched 6 1/3 innings only giving up 1 earned run and going 3 for 4 at the plate! So, he will get to dress for this game! Yes, I am a beaming grandpa......

• Like 1