Indiana HS BSB 2023

Hoosierfan1901

UPDATE: Well it was an exciting game as the Castle Knights defeated the North Huskies, 6-2, to become the 2023 Sectional Champions. As predicted, the Knights Ace pitcher went 6 2/3 before being replaced. He threw 125 pitches striking out 13 Husky batters. He started the 7th inning by plunking the first 2 batters he faced and eventually walked the next batter to load the bases. After a sac fly to make the score 6-2, he was replaced and the final out was recorded by a strikeout.

Have not checked to confirm if this was true or not, but I heard the E'ville sectional was the most attended sectional in the state, pretty good. How can you not have a good time in a place where Gena Davis, Madonna, and Tom Hanks was at???

• Like 1

The Cinderella team in this years' state 1A tournament, E'ville Christian, had their season come to an end losing 10-0 to Barr Reeve. The Eagles made history winning their first sectional. They had a good season.

Next up is the Castle Knights facing off against Jeffersonville Red Devils.

Congrats to Memorial, anytime you can beat any of the DuBois Co. teams (Jasper, Southridge), that's pretty good.

Tri-West knocks off West Vigo 11-2 in the regional. Hopefully we beef up the schedule more next year. WIC being down lately hasn't helped us. And playing these local schools who are generally not as good doesn't help either. I'd like to see us get C'Ville or some Indy schools back on the schedule.

2 pitchers for the Castle Knights combined and only gave up 3 hits in a 4-0 win over the Jeffersonville Red Devils to win the Regional Title.

It was a pitcher's duel as Castle only got 4 hits for the game, but got them all in the 4th inning for the 4 runs. Top pitcher, Cameron Tilley went 6 strong innings only giving up 3 hits while striking out 7 and only walking 1. Releif pitcher, Will Coleman, came in the 7th and closed the game out.

On to Semi-State....

Looks like the Castle Knights will have their hands full on Saturday in the Semi-State. Of the 4 teams in the tournament, 3 are all from central Indiana, only Castle is from the southern part of the state. And to complicate things even more, they have the morning game that starts at 11:00, Est! Plainfield is over 2 1/2 hours away! Don't know why the powers that be couldn't have put them in the afternoon game! This field also has #1 Center Grove in it.

My Braves are making a run. They took down a tough Providence program in the regional. Brownstown starts 4 FR and a SO. They play catcher, the 3 starting OF spots, and 3B is the SO. 

Almost all of these kids also play football for me. 

Final 4 in basketball, Elite 8 (so far) in baseball... wonder what we can do in football this year? 😉

• Like 1

OK, I know this is about baseball, but down here in the southwestern part of the state, there was an incredible game with North Posey and Andrean playing for the State 2A Girls Softball Championship. The NP girls completed an unbelievable season by going undefeated, and with a record of 29-0 and winning by a score of 3-0. BTW, NP was in the state 2A finals last year, but came up short. Mission accomplished.....

Whats incredible was NP star pitcher, and player, Erin Hoehn, not only pitched a no-hitter, she also hit a walk-off 3 run homerun to win the game! This is the stuff they make movies about!

Awesome....

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek will be facing Andrean for the second time for the 3A championship.  Andtean won back in 2018.  Time for the Dragons to even the score.

Of course Andrean is in the state finals again, they should just name the field after them. I hope SC beats them. Andrean beat us in the state finals in 2009. 

• Like 1