Transfers with IU Interest

49 minutes ago, jay edwards brother said:

Right now that is a very weak roster. We need portal help badly. Let’s go get: Kaden Shedrick, Caleb Love, Chris Ledlum, and one from Keshon Gilbert/Quincy Olivari/ Dalton Knecht to fill those four spots.

This is exactly where I have settled at too. I’d add Timberlake to that one of this group if he is still in play. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Are we on Jamarion Sharp? 7'5" center from Western KY. haven't seen his name here unless I missed it. Article sent to my phone says IU, UK, Purdue, UofL and Mizzu all could be a landing spots.

"Make no mistake, this isn’t a lumbering big man you might see in West Lafayette. Sharp can move. He’s able to run in transition and has the lateral foot speed to cover ball screens, either via hedge or in drop coverage. " 😂

https://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-basketball-recruiting/2023/3/31/23664867/spring-shopping-mizzou-hoops-transfer-portal-caleb-love-jamarion-sharp-kadin-shedrick

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"Make no mistake, this isn’t a lumbering big man you might see in West Lafayette. Sharp can move. He’s able to run in transition and has the lateral foot speed to cover ball screens, either via hedge or in drop coverage. " 😂

https://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-basketball-recruiting/2023/3/31/23664867/spring-shopping-mizzou-hoops-transfer-portal-caleb-love-jamarion-sharp-kadin-shedrick

He'd be entering the draft not the portal if he could move like that at 7'5"  no?

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

He'd be entering the draft not the portal of he could move like that at 7'5"  no?

Draft Notes

Sharp is obviously incredibly tall and big but what stands out about him is his mobility at that size. It’s not every day you see a 7-5 player move the way he does. Sharp has good running form, changes ends well and is light on his feet. We’ve seen some other really tall dudes try to make it in the league but none that had Sharpe’s level of fluid athleticism.

The JUCO transfer had a strong season at Western Kentucky hitting an absurd 73% from the field for 8.2 points per game. He posted an impressive 4.6 blocks per game and really made his presence felt on the defensive end of the court.

In the NBA he’ll be asked to do a few things, namely rebounding and defending the rim. He’s not useful on the offensive end besides cleaning up the glass for some put-backs but could bring enough value as a defender to get a long look from NBA teams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Are we on Jamarion Sharp? 7'5" center from Western KY. haven't seen his name here unless I missed it. Article sent to my phone says IU, UK, Purdue, UofL and Mizzu all could be a landing spots.

Guessing if ZE15 goes pro? 
No boilermakers (sorry, toiletmakers?)in the portal yet 

if ZE15 comes back TKR has a decision to make 

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Not sure. Shedrick call went well, and I thought he may pop first. Then heard about Love last night. That’s when I posted here. Will obviously give an update here if I hear anything. 

Are there any concerns about taking multiple transfers with 2 years or more of eligibility left? 24-25 has loads of potential and curious how IU will navigate that

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Someone’s who’s a member on BTB tell Stuhoo to get off my nuts. I don’t post stuff to post stuff. I have a life. College basketball is now the Wild Wild West. I won’t hit every time. I share what I hear. I don’t claim to be someone I’m not. been posting for over 15 years all the way back to the Scout days. 

I saw his post, but didn't want to stir up sh*t over here, but would be more than happy to do so over there if you'd like? 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hello Hubert?

Quote from Dennis Love:

He also wants to be in a situation, where he can be taught, man, improve his efficiency.

"He wants to be coached. He really wants to be coached and really have someone help him get better. And then he obviously wants to be in a situation that allows him to achieve his ultimate dream, his goal — to get to the league."

Sounds like he is describing Woodson to a T