Transfers with IU Interest

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll give you a variation of that theme.  If the Zoom meeting wasn't 100% last night, IU doesn't want Love.  Love may have wanted more freedom than Woody was willing to give.  Whatever the reason Love chooses to go elsewhere, it's likely for the best and a better fit will likely materialize.  If Love wanted to bomb from long range like he did last season, I'm perfectly fine with him moving on.  If he wanted to be a part of what Woody visualizes for next season, I'm just as happy trusting the man IU pays millions to make it work.

Either way, I'm 100% fine with this decision.

If he really is gone, I think this is a reasonable take.

It could just as easily have been us flat out saying no, or making it clear he would have to play a way he didn’t want to, that ended this.

Hard to really call it a miss until we know more. Either way, trust the coaches to put us in good positions until they give us a reason not to trust them. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Hard to really call it a miss until we know more. Either way, trust the coaches to put us in good positions until they give us a reason not to trust them. 

I understand what you're saying...but as of this moment, there's a lot of uncertainties. I'm cautiously optimistic we have a strong portal...I mean, we really have no other choice. 

Edited by Hoosier987

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll give you a variation of that theme.  If the Zoom meeting wasn't 100% last night, IU doesn't want Love.  Love may have wanted more freedom than Woody was willing to give.  Whatever the reason Love chooses to go elsewhere, it's likely for the best and a better fit will likely materialize.  If Love wanted to bomb from long range like he did last season, I'm perfectly fine with him moving on.  If he wanted to be a part of what Woody visualizes for next season, I'm just as happy trusting the man IU pays millions to make it work.

Either way, I'm 100% fine with this decision.

When his name first appeared on the IU radar I was totally against it. After hearing his dad comment on how he wants to be coached and be more efficient I thought we needed a good scorer so I was ok with him.  I just wonder if that was the dad talking but not Caleb tnoughts

• Like 2

Maybe he didn’t get the assurances he wanted for NIL …or maybe he wanted to run the point and Woody is telling him he will play off the ball…heck it’s likely he was a heavy Missouri lean to begin and maybe all the pitfalls with playing at a blueblood like UNC would still be there at IU and in the end he didn’t want that microscope. Fair enough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

"I'd like to get 20-25 shots a game, Coach."

"Well, like I said, it is what it is. Mike Woodson isn't gonna let anybody get 20-25 shots a game, because at the end of the day, shit, it's a team game." :D 

I’d be willing to bet it went very much like that, with a “son” thrown in there somewhere.

• Like 2