Transfers with IU Interest

24 minutes ago, rico said:

So basically a list of the most popular programs expected to be really active in the portal this spring.

This isn't directed at you, but man Twitter has really reduced the quality of sports "journalism".  Most of us could spend out day scrolling through sites and come up with this stuff without ever really having to talk to anyone.

• Like 1

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

So basically a list of the most popular programs expected to be really active in the portal this spring.

This isn't directed at you, but man Twitter has really reduced the quality of sports "journalism".  Most of us could spend out day scrolling through sites and come up with this stuff without ever really having to talk to anyone.

Umm 100%... and then just write about every angle possible. I have seen.... 205734340836 different things the Colts will do with their draft pick, for example lol 

throw poop at wall... at some point, some of it has to stick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

I looked at the original post, and didn’t see the name Keshon Gilbert. Have we been in contact with him? I know he had been discussed in this ever winding thread. 

I asked an “insider” on another site about him….said we had contacted him but Iowa State probably leads for him because of a prior connection.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree. The zoom would literally be the equivalent of a business meeting.  Both parties obviously were interested enough to learn about each other.  Like a business meeting, you discuss substance.  Here, it was probably usage, schemes, etc.  It was obviously not a fit.  Hopefully we find somebody else.  

....a dog's version of a zoom business meeting. lol

Butt Sniffing Dog GIFs | Tenor

Seriously though, don't they just "sniff each other out" in these zoom portal meetings?

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Umm 100%... and then just write about every angle possible. I have seen.... 205734340836 different things the Colts will do with their draft pick, for example lol 

throw poop at wall... at some point, some of it has to stick 

There are a helluva lot of people that make money at throwing poop at a wall.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

This one where Keet has the list of players we have contacted. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ahh.. didn't realize he had a list. I see that now. 

I haven’t updated that since @HoosierFaithfulstarted the thread that was supposed to be strictly for updates. It seemed kind of redundant at that point, especially how my original intent for this thread never took hold. 

• Like 1

JV5TADZ8_bigger.jpg

Replying to @AssemblyCall
The lesson? Even at "blue blood" programs with lots of recent success, turnarounds aren't necessarily immediate. It can take a few cycles to rebuild the culture and get roster fit right. Woody's already off to a better start rebuilding IU. Now just have to keep moving forward.

2 minutes ago, BankShot said:

So, technically, right now we're 1 for 1 on portal recruits (Sparks). One hit, no "official" misses (until Love or another target would commit somewhere else).

Understand that we need to get some players. Not understanding the "panic".

There shouldn't be a panic... late this week/weekend is really when announcements start to get rolling. XJ didn't announce until April 7th, and he was one of the early ones. Kopp was like April 20th. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I haven’t updated that since @HoosierFaithfulstarted the thread that was supposed to be strictly for updates. It seemed kind of redundant at that point, especially how my original intent for this thread never took hold. 

You just destroyed my faith in mankind by saying you haven’t updated it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I can't believe how worked up they got. 

They really do.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

We don't even know that we actually missed on Caleb Love, which I'm sure is what you meant by "maybe".

There's a very real chance, and most likely what actually happened, that both sides just decided to go separate ways or even that IU just decided to go in a different  direction. 

I know nothing and have zero "insider information", but my guess is that the least likely thing that happened would be that IU went all-in on Caleb Love and he just didn't choose IU. I really don't think that happened, though it is just a guess. 

Seems like more NIL money to go around. I think Love would have helped, but I have a feeling we'll get our fair share in the next couple of weeks. Some folks are literally treating this like NFL or NBA free agency, as though all the good players have a deal in place the first day. Seems to me the schools "interested" are simply those who have put in a phone call. I would hope the players visit the schools and the coaches. Keep in mind the one kid we have nabbed, came to campus.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3