Transfers with IU Interest

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just speculation on my part but what are the chances our staff has talked to some guys testing the NBA waters. Maybe players like Davis from Arkansas or Mitchell at Texas has talked to the staff about entering the portal. Both of them would fit well because one is a good scorer from the guard spot and another us a defensive wing.

I watched Texas a lot and it seemed like Mitchell would start but not play huge minutes. He didn't do much offensively when I watched him but he was active on defense. Very athletic and was teammates with JHS and Reneau 

Look, we have the other thread but I’m telling you guys this is clear. Even people like Ant Wright are like WTH on Twitter right now. 

I was very confident Ledlum wanted IU and everyone else too. I even made that call clearly. He was 99% in. Almost didn’t do Tennessee visit. 

He does and bam. you tell me what flipped him. No, it wasn’t under the table payments or play style. He is too smart for that. He liked all they have to offer athletes more. It is impressive.

FYI.. they had a huge orange and white game that weekend and I happened to be in Knoxville. The whole freaking city was going. (good football team and campus life around football and fyi… he almost chose to play football instead in college.)

then, I could see him and Knecht talking at the game. “IU? - “I loved it but man, but this is different. IU is very nice and better than where either of us came from but not this.”

oh… they also have been better than us for years now in the court.

we can win head to head with these schools once results are consistent. We can’t right now when we don’t have anything major to offer. The package is not that nice competitively. Don’t believe it or do.

Reality is as some have said, you would chose the nba coach, the history, the top college town etc. they are not you. Why do you think there has been an arms race to make everything crazy nice for athletes at these schools? 

lastly, you think this hurts BB. It kills our football. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Look, we have the other thread but I’m telling you guys this is clear. Even people like Ant Wright are like WTH on Twitter right now. 

I was very confident Ledlum wanted IU and everyone else too. I even made that call clearly. He was 99% in. Almost didn’t do Tennessee visit. 

He does and bam. you tell me what flipped him. No, it wasn’t under the table payments or play style. He is too smart for that. He liked all they have to offer athletes more. It is impressive.

FYI.. they had a huge orange and white game that weekend and I happened to be in Knoxville. The whole freaking city was going. (good football team and campus life around football and fyi… he almost chose to play football instead in college.)

then, I could see him and Knecht talking at the game. “IU? - “I loved it but man, but this is different. IU is very nice and better than where either of us came from but not this.”

we can win head to head with these schools once results are consistent. We can’t right now when we don’t have anything major to offer. The package is not that nice competitively. Don’t believe it or do.

Reality is as some have said, you would chose the nba coach, the history, the top college town etc. they are not you. Why do you think there has been an arms race to make everything crazy nice for athletes at these schools? 

And geez, UT has put so many guys into the league.

If what you are saying is what these guys want from their college experience, then I’ll hard pass.

Give me guys whose highest priority is winning and maximizing their chances to play professionally. 
Everything you have quoted is fluff.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am tired of him putting our program down and actually don't think he is even a IU fan

He's fine.  You're being a tad bit defensive.  This is far different than the meltdown over Ledlum.  I don't necessarily agree, but it's not an unreasonable position.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That's my thing. Barnes makes Painter look like he plays fast. I won't get into the other stuff this thread has or is.....but sorry. UT is a great campus, pretty,etc....but in no frickin way is even close to the hoops of IU and or our facilities, fans, players living arrangements, exposure,etc....stop with the UT nonsense. 

I say this as someone who has an Uncle who is a UT football season ticket holder for 31 years. His text last night was who cares about hoops. That's UT. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's my thing. Barnes makes Painter look like he plays fast. I won't get into the other stuff this thread has or is.....but sorry. UT is a great campus, pretty,etc....but in no frickin way is even close to the hoops of IU and or our facilities, fans, players living arrangements, exposure,etc....stop with the UT nonsense. 

I say this as someone who has an Uncle who is a UT football season ticket holder for 31 years. His text last night was who cares about hoops. That's UT. 

None of this makes any sense. I keep hoping that there is something coming that we don't know about. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Initial79 said:

Who cares…we will never in a million years win a recruit to play basketball for us that cares more about football atmosphere than basketball. If that is what swayed him then I 100% doubt he was ever a lock for us. Sorry but our football program is and will always be bottom of P5 level. We’ve recruited the best of the best in basketball without that mattering and we will find plenty more. No point worrying about things we can’t control. Duke/KU/UCLA/Villanova/UK/Gonzaga well I’m running out of room but none of them need football to recruit their basketball players…we can be just fine once we restore the basketball program to its winning ways.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Who cares…we will never in a million years win a recruit to play basketball for us that cares more about football atmosphere than basketball. If that is what swayed him then I 100% doubt he was ever a lock for us. Sorry but our football program is and will always be bottom of P5 level. We’ve recruited the best of the best in basketball without that mattering and we will find plenty more. No point worrying about things we can’t control. Duke/UK/UCLA/Villanova/UK/Gonzaga well I’m running out of room but none of them need football to recruit their basketball players…we can be just fine once we restore the basketball program to its winning ways.

People want to know why we lost him to Tenn. heck both of them. 

I actually agree, I don’t really care as much as the sky is falling guys. We will find guys and great ones. But these are legitimate reasons for the miss. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I really don't think its that though. IU has plenty of NIL money. 

Then they need to start spending it on basketball. Rumor on the Michigan board is Kansas collectives offered Hunter Dickinson $4 mil over 2 years in NIL. Has anyone seen anything that points to IU collectives spending that kind of money on mens basketball? No offense to the other sports, but 90% of NIL money needs to go to basketball until there is a revenue share in place for football. 

IU needs to hire a GM. Seriously, it’s come to that time in college hoops. With NIL and the portal every year, maybe that’s what someone already does? 

I started a thread a few days ago about Adam Howard. Bring somebody in to train him for 2-3 years, then boom. He’s already big on the social media scene with recruits. 

TGIF

Edited by Coach Robby
Spelling
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

People want to know why we lost him to Tenn. heck both of them. 

I actually agree, I don’t really care as much as the sky is falling guys. We will find guys and great ones. But these are legitimate reasons for the miss. 

Part of the reason…perhaps…I suspect it’s way more complicated than it’s being portrayed. I’m over it…I can’t care less. Moving on!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Initial79 said:

As a UT football and IU Hoops fan Knoxville is an AWESOME area and their fans are amazingly passionate and they SPEND MONEY and ATHLETICS.

• Like 3