Transfers with IU Interest

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

And he missed games at the beginning of the year and a couple more during the season I bet if he was totally healthy he would have started the majority of the game. Another thing Duke had 4 other 5 star players in the starting lineup where we don't especially.on.tne wing.

Hence my comment that at a program like Duke or Kansas, where you have multiple guys with similar pedigrees, then you’re gonna compete for your minutes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

IMO, you tell 4-star prospect that he’s going to get a chance to compete for minutes. He is going to have a chance to prove himself v others who have similar or possibly higher expectations, and if he outperforms, he plays.

Different message for a 5star, especially the #8 rated recruit in the country. You are winning him by describing his role, what you are going to do to feature him, how you are going to build around him.

There is no way CMW will get this guy by convincing him that he will compete to start. We do not have the recent success a Kansas has to show him. We don’t have the all around level of talent that Kansas has, where it would be more conceivable that he’d have to compete for minutes—v equally skilled teammates. 

If CMW gets MM it will be huge, but he’ll be here starting from minute one 

If he is scared to compete against Kaleb Banks then we don’t want him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Lets just chill for a bit and not talk about who’s starting and minutes and all that BS. Kid hasn’t even committed yet. Sure as hell want him though and he will start without a doubt from day one! Solely on the fact that he’s far better than a majority of our players right now. 

:coffee:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Hay-sus or G-sus? 🙂

True story we had a vendor tech helping get things started. My boss was supposed to pick him up but was running late. He told his hands free to call Hay-sus, no matter how much he tried the call was never connected. When he finally picked up Hay-sus he explained the situation. Hay-sus told him that with hands free you need to say G-sus!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I'm still confused though how this relates to Woodson or Mgbako? If he comes to IU, unless something goes really wrong he's going to start. 

Are we saying he will not have earned that? Did JHS earn it or not?

It is splitting hairs.  Everyone should have to earn their spot.

5 stars like mgbako will most likely earn their spot.

I would say JHS earned his spot.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I learned decades ago that the absolute worst arguments are when people are essentially arguing the same thing but from opposite ends! Some people need to try switching ends every once in awhile.

So they both should say that ; "He'll need to earn being sent to the bench"? 

That what you mean?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was the Gary Payton of The Church of the Nazarene... No way... They called me "The Mitten." 

😉

The greeter at our church would sometimes introduce himself as Ernie DiGregorio. I was the only one that got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2