IU and UK to resume

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

You think we have had better teams than them lately? I’d say toss up at best…I like what we are building but I’m not going to sit here and think we are superior to them. I think they would be incredibly entertaining games.

I'm talking present state with 2 sophs and 7 freshmen, although at their best, IU has won two of the last three, so no...I'm not all that concerned.  I expect they will be athletic, but thin and wildly undisciplined.  That doesn't strike me as a team that IU should struggle with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm talking present state with 2 sophs and 7 freshmen, although at their best, IU has won two of the last three, so no...I'm not all that concerned.  I expect they will be athletic, but thin and wildly undisciplined.  That doesn't strike me as a team that IU should struggle with.

We shall see. Isn’t like we have lit up the world lately either. I agree about UK but it isn’t like we are a perineal top 10 team here.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

That may be...but ND/UCLA was must see TV in the 70's.  Just sayin'.

As I posted, I watched the streak ender, but other than that, I can't remember following the series much... Maybe a bigger deal in Northern Indiana? 

And for Wooden being a native son of Martinsville, he didn't get a lot of love there... We had an assembly to honor him in 72 I think, but most people I knew in Martinsville rooted against UCLA... Especially after 1973 🙂

On 6/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, landrus13 said:

Haven't seen this confirmed by any of the IU media. My mistake if I've missed it.

Whoever posted that tweet linked an article from last October.  I don't think there's been any news since then.  I'm guess it was someone that thought it was new info.  🤷‍♂️

Go Hoosiers!!!