IU and UK to resume

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good.  I’m assuming neutral court. Although that 2006 reference doesn’t make any sense.  Even if you take out the tourney, the Wat Shot was later than 2006.  

If it's not neutral site, I've been looking for a side hustle after I retire...maybe offer a standalone hooker health care package when the Cats visit Bloomington 😁

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

To be honest, this series just doesn't mean anything to me anymore. Since pUKe has totally sold their soul to a shuckster, I prefer to just stay away from them and not give them any attention. Much like catching an STD.

I understand the sentiment,  but I still want to see IU beat the hell out of pUKe.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I like the idea of letting them turn into a dumpster fire and then say “Nope, we are not going to help you validate!”

I'd rather see them turn into a dumpster fire with a new coach while Woodson has us humming along and we kick their asses for a few years. I grew up in the Mike Davis era watching us lose to them every year and dreamed of a time when we'd finally start smacking them around. Maybe it'll finally happen. 

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'd rather see them turn into a dumpster fire with Slimy as coach while Woodson has us humming along and we kick their asses for a few years. I grew up in the Mike Davis era watching us lose to them every year and dreamed of a time when we'd finally start smacking them around. Maybe it'll finally happen. 

FIFY

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Cal has been losing support and the best way to distract from his failing program is to give the loyalists some red meat. He fully expects to beat us so I just hope we give him a rude awakening.

What I've seen lately out of UK, I'm not too worried.

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

What I've seen lately out of UK, I'm not too worried.

You think we have had better teams than them lately? I’d say toss up at best…I like what we are building but I’m not going to sit here and think we are superior to them. I think they would be incredibly entertaining games.

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Meh.  Doesnt move the needle much for me.  UK has become unwatchable over the last several years.  Would prefer to play Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc.

The Indiana-Kentucky rivalry is as good as any, including Duke-UNC, when both teams are on top of their game...

In the 70s, it was probably the premiere matchup in college basketball...

Me, personally, we could beat them 100 times in a row and it still wouldn't make up for the Mideast Regional Final in 1975 🤬

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I could have sworn I heard awhile back this was going to resume in the '24-'25 season. Can't help but wonder if Calipari said '25-'26 because he's not planning to be there for it. 

The SI article attached is from October of last year.  Not sure why it got re-tweeted.  I don't see anything Cal had said about it recently. 🤷

Go Hoosiers!!!