2027 Jaylan Mitchell

Paye32

Illinois offered 6'7 wing Jaylan Mitchell( Evansville Reitz)today. They were his third D1 offer and first high major offer. Indiana needs to offer and start building the relationship ASAP imo.. This young man is a program changer and he's in our backyard. 

2 hours ago, Paye32 said:

Illinois offered 6'7 wing Jaylan Mitchell( Evansville Reitz)today. They were his third D1 offer and first high major offer. Indiana needs to offer and start building the relationship ASAP imo.. This young man is a program changer and he's in our backyard. 

I had the principal of Reitz in my Uber a couple of months ago and he told me about him. He said the same thing about him being the real deal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Drroogh said:

C’mon! Flory is only months away and nobody has a clue! When does this MUST HAVE BS end? If you think that Woody and staff are clueless, that’s your prerogative! Me I’m waiting a couple years!

Cool. It's not that deep. Lol

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I live in Evansville and I have not heard of the kid.

IU may be a little skittish offering a kid from Reitz. No disrespect, but the last kid from there, didn't pan out too well.

Remember him? Initials were CL and was supposed to be a 5 star, just sayin'.....

Wasn't it KL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

There was a kid from I think Merriville (sp?) back in the early 90s that as a frosh and soph was a top 10 player in his class.

By jr year he dropped like a lead balloon. Senior year dropped even more. Wish I remembered his name. He was a 6’8” PF.

Jamaal Davis that ended up at Purdue?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

There was a kid from I think Merriville (sp?) back in the early 90s that as a frosh and soph was a top 10 player in his class.

By jr year he dropped like a lead balloon. Senior year dropped even more. Wish I remembered his name. He was a 6’8” PF.

Not the same guy but didn't Eric Gordon's youngest brother drop like a stone?

On 7/11/2023 at 10:18 PM, Paye32 said:

Fyi..Arizona State offered Mitchell today. I'm guessing the IU offer comes pretty quick. 

I thinknwe are in a position where if we are making good contact, we don't have to offer.  Illinois and ASU do.  If this kid really blows up, the Kentucky, Kansas, and Duke's of the world will swoop in and start offering his Sophomore and Junior year.  With an in state kid, we should be on that same kind of schedule.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...