Urban Meyer on why IU forced Kevin Wilson to resign — “That was all crap”

Curious to see what others think about this?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/urban-meyer-on-why-iu-forced-kevin-wilson-to-resign-that-was-all-crap/

I was super disappointed when they got rid of him, but also heard the stories about him being a total lush. Urban Meyer doesn't seem like a guy who would "do all his homework" based on the past few years. 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Curious to see what others think about this?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/urban-meyer-on-why-iu-forced-kevin-wilson-to-resign-that-was-all-crap/

I was super disappointed when they got rid of him, but also heard the stories about him being a total lush. Urban Meyer doesn't seem like a guy who would "do all his homework" based on the past few years. 

Urban Meyer is laughable as he sits on his perch thinking he is the epitome of all that is moral and ethical. Same guy that not only turned the other way as one of his assistants was beating his pregnant wife, but then hired him as an assistant years later. 

Maybe it was "all crap" because his standards of winning football games outweighs any human decency.

• Like 3

Would someone just come out and say what the rumors actually were?  I've heard very vague things.  Honestly, it kinda makes me believe the "philosophical differences" was actually the reason.  

I think I've heard drinking problems,  borderline abusive to players because how tough he was.  Maybe he was drunk at Hubers or some other public event?  What else?  

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Would someone just come out and say what the rumors actually were?  I've heard very vague things.  Honestly, it kinda makes me believe the "philosophical differences" was actually the reason.  

I think I've heard drinking problems,  borderline abusive to players because how tough he was.  Maybe he was drunk at Hubers or some other public event?  What else?  

In a perfect world, Wilson is retained with good conduct, and CTA is there as DC. That might be the most talented coaching staff we could muster.  Like him or not, Wilson's offenses put up big points. And CTA might be best suited as the raucous DC players would run through a brick wall for. 

21 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

In a perfect world, Wilson is retained with good conduct, and CTA is there as DC. That might be the most talented coaching staff we could muster.  Like him or not, Wilson's offenses put up big points. And CTA might be best suited as the raucous DC players would run through a brick wall for. 

I just remember back in the day, a few posters were not kind to Wilson. Seems like a lot of things had been covered up then once the player complaints started to trickle out, that was the end of him. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

The only rumors I’ve seen were about him drinking too much. The only specific one I remember was something about one of his first days in town where he yelled at someone. 

Everything that came out and was reported had to do with mistreating players. It was mostly about pushing players to come back from injury too soon. 

I recall rumors of there being a damning video of CKW intoxicated held by a Indy news station that Fred Glass somehow finessed into not being released. I think mile commented on it back in the day. But otherwise, yeah my recollection is he got let go due to reports of mistreatment of players. 

Regardless, Urban Meyer is not the guy vouching for anyone that I would put stock in, even if he happened to be correct in this instance. 

• Like 2

I’m gonna put my @milehiiu hat on (RIP buddy) as he has recounted the stories and was not a Wilson fan.  I have heard the same from others.  It’s been a while so this won’t be exact but when I am on my computer I will see if Ken had some olds posts that outline things with more detail.

It all started the moment he got on campus, living in the dorms.  Was out drinking at Kilroys and other bars.  Not a great way to start things and got belligerent with someone at the dorm while drunk.  Needed to get smoothed over under the rug.  Will need to find the old posts by Ken to remember who for sure, maybe an RA?.

Overall a huge prick, to the point where the State Police didn’t want to work games anymore.  Glass had to swoop in and clean that one up and smooth things over with police.

I don’t know much about the other drinking things but I have heard at least one more public drunk appearance had occurred.

Then there is all the injury stuff, in particular Diamont but others feeling pressured to play and practice injured.

I knew people on his staff, kids played the same sports.  Just seemed to be a genuine ass the way people talked about him.

14 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

I’m gonna put my @milehiiu hat on (RIP buddy) as he has recounted the stories and was not a Wilson fan.  I have heard the same from others.  It’s been a while so this won’t be exact but when I am on my computer I will see if Ken had some olds posts that outline things with more detail.

It all started the moment he got on campus, living in the dorms.  Was out drinking at Kilroys and other bars.  Not a great way to start things and got belligerent with someone at the dorm while drunk.  Needed to get smoothed over under the rug.  Will need to find the old posts by Ken to remember who for sure, maybe an RA?.

Overall a huge prick, to the point where the State Police didn’t want to work games anymore.  Glass had to swoop in and clean that one up and smooth things over with police.

I don’t know much about the other drinking things but I have heard at least one more public drunk appearance had occurred.

Then there is all the injury stuff, in particular Diamont but others feeling pressured to play and practice injured.

I knew people on his staff, kids played the same sports.  Just seemed to be a genuine ass the way people talked about him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2679711-kevin-wilson-player-treatment-investigation-reportedly-led-to-indiana-departure 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/09/18/another-former-indiana-football-player-alleges-mistreatment-kevin-wilson/670904001/

https://thespun.com/big-ten/indiana/why-kevin-wilson-fired-indiana

Edited by OGIUAndy