Ohio State Pre-Game Thread

KDB

I know it's Ohio St, but how would we be feeling about this game if Dexter Williams was fully healthy? I think we feel better going into the season, but not good enough to beat OSU. We have a lot of new faced and coaches.... Maybe and hopefully we can surprise a lot of people this year. Unfortunately, for me, it will be another year is the loss column to the Bucks. My wish is we show tremendous promise and growth and keep it within 2 touchdowns. Probability .... 42-17, them. 

GO IU, prove me wrong!

• Like 1

Both teams will have new QBs and many other unproven players.  OSU has an obvious talent advantage.  Our best hope is we play with a chip on our shoulders and come out on fire.

OSU has played down to competition and occasionally layed eggs in early games in recent history.  Their defense has not been dominant, and they haven't been overpowering in the trenches recently.  

Hopefully we get pressure from our defensive front, and dial up some creative blitzes to force pressure throws from an untested qb.  The only way we slow Marvin Harrison Jr is to minimize has ability to get the ball.

On offense, I'm looking for a better run game with an improved offensive line. Bostad will have zero fear of OSU, and hopefully that transfers to our big nasties. Establish the run, then use motion, spacing, and the ability of the qb to run to create mismatches.

I'm not seeing a win, but hoping to be in range in the 4th quarter.  Staying within 2 touchdowns would be good. If they're qb finds his rhythm,  we could get smoked.  But if we can hang around and maintain hope, 31-28 would be a dream scenario. (That's probably just my Black Rifle Fit Fuel coffee with extra caffeine talking!) Any way it goes, I'm just excited for our season to start. Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Both teams will have new QBs and many other unproven players.  OSU has an obvious talent advantage.  Our best hope is we play with a chip on our shoulders and come out on fire.

OSU has played down to competition and occasionally layed eggs in early games in recent history.  Their defense has not been dominant, and they haven't been overpowering in the trenches recently.  

Hopefully we get pressure from our defensive front, and dial up some creative blitzes to force pressure throws from an untested qb.  The only way we slow Marvin Harrison Jr is to minimize has ability to get the ball.

On offense, I'm looking for a better run game with an improved offensive line. Bostad will have zero fear of OSU, and hopefully that transfers to our big nasties. Establish the run, then use motion, spacing, and the ability of the qb to run to create mismatches.

I'm not seeing a win, but hoping to be in range in the 4th quarter.  Staying within 2 touchdowns would be good. If they're qb finds his rhythm,  we could get smoked.  But if we can hang around and maintain hope, 31-28 would be a dream scenario. (That's probably just my Black Rifle Fit Fuel coffee with extra caffeine talking!) Any way it goes, I'm just excited for our season to start. Go Hoosiers!!!

The key to having any sort of real shot, just like any games against the better teams is getting on the board early, and getting some stops on defense. My god, would it be nice to get some stops on defense. Any time IU has a decent defense, they have a shot. You have to be able to make some plays on defense to beat anyone. 

• Like 2

If we get solid QB play this year and our secondary performs at a decent level, I think this team could easily outperform expectations and have a shot at a bowl. We loaded up in the portal and I really like our skill positions on offense along with the DL and LB’s. Bostad will have the OL performing at a much improved level.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Alright. Somebody convince me our secondary isn't going to get torched this Saturday. Looking for any and all positives please and if you were the coach how do you defend their talent? Obviously ball control on offense, shorten the game,etc.....but from a scheme standpoint what do you do?

We need to score every possession then recover an on side kick everytime so OSU never gets the ball.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Alright. Somebody convince me our secondary isn't going to get torched this Saturday. Looking for any and all positives please and if you were the coach how do you defend their talent? Obviously ball control on offense, shorten the game,etc.....but from a scheme standpoint what do you do?

Our new and improved DL will pressure their new QB into a few mistakes.  That’s all I got.

• Like 2

I don’t expect a win, but want a fighting chance! I want to see an improved O-line and a defense resembling what we had in 2019. Finally, I want to see a QB who can run the offense and create plays that without the fear of getting injured. The injury fear is always going to be there until we have an O-line that can better protect our QB. No S#%t, right? Lol! We don’t have a healthy and mobile Williams yet, but we may have an opportunity to have an Ramsey 2.0 in Sorsby and Jackson. JMO. Ramsey was a dependable and fairly efficient QB. If our OL can finally give a little more time to open up holes and create plays, our QB’s (whoever they are) might help make this season interesting. I really think the key to IU’s success this year if IU can show a much needed, new mindset and physical approach through new OL Coach, Bostad. Go IU!

• Like 2