RIP Jimmy Buffett

IUFLA

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

This one hit me hard this morning when I saw. He was one of my favorite artists and my wife and I saw him live several times. He was one of those people who was larger than life.

"Some of it's magic", "Some of it's tragic", "But I had a good life all the way."

I only saw him once... St Louis Fox Theater in 1983... He did one of the coolest things I've ever seen at a concert... Asked the crowd if anyone could play one of his songs on guitar, and I wish I could remember which one, but I was slightly impaired 😉...

One guy hopped out of the crowd and played it with the band perfectly... Jimmy was one very cool dude... 😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I only saw him once... St Louis Fox Theater in 1983... He did one of the coolest things I've ever seen at a concert... Asked the crowd if anyone could play one of his songs on guitar, and I wish I could remember which one, but I was slightly impaired 😉...

One guy hopped out of the crowd and played it with the band perfectly... Jimmy was one very cool dude... 😎

That was very cool! That never happened at the shows I went to ha.

I saw him at Tinley Park, IL, Alpine Valley, WI and Columbia, SC. These were all 2006-2009ish I believe. Such a good time. He is one of those I thought would be playing well into his 80s.

• Like 1

He was a summer tradition for me and various family members from the mid-80's to 2009. The early years seemed the best to me. It was really more of a party than a concert sometimes. We always sat in the lawn and enjoyed the crowd. Friendly people just looking to have a good time. Deer Creek in Noblesville always sold out and sometimes very fast. Never a bad time at a Jimmy Buffet show.

• Like 3