Evansville is Best in USA Today in.....

Fall Festivals!!! Let's hear it for Evansville!! Every fall, and the first week in October, Evansville has the West Side Fall Festival. People come from miles around to get their brain sandwiches, pronto pups and candy apples. I swear you could smell the grease from a mile away, LOL!!

Anyway, USA Today conducted a poll to see what city had the best festival. Happy to say the Nut Clubbers, announced that the West Side festival came out on top!! It used to be known as the second largest street festival in the country, second only to the Mardi Gras! One thing they started a few years ago was the half-pot ticket sales and it has been widely popular. A lot of the proceeds the Nut Clubbers is then turned back to the schools (parochial as well as public), and other non-profit organizations, not just schools on one side of town.

So if you're going to be in the E'ville area around October 2nd thru the 7th, just follow your nose and get your brain sandwich!!

West Side Nut Club earns top spot as USA Today’s ‘Best Fall Festival’ in U.S. (14news.com)

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 4

Is New Harmony considered "west Evansville"? My Brother and SIL was married in** that outside church, around 1998. I say in** because there was a last minute rain delay, that I had to turn full asshole organizer because no one planned maneuvers in the even of rain. I made it happen! 

Anyway, that little town is still top 3 of any little town that I have ever been in. On our last day, there was a mid evil sports competition event. I thought that was perfect for the ending celebration of a wedding.

Awesome little town ! Plants and flowers everywhere ! Drinking starts at breakfast.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Can't say I have heard the term "West Evansville". But at one time I actually considered living in New Harmony, just couldn't convince the wife to do it. It is a really neat small town, think Mayberry.

When I went to USI some people called it West Side High.  It's actually a pretty damn good college. I'm not just saying that because I graduated from there. A good number of people end up in some legit medical schools because the biology/Chem department is a feeder program.  I had Butler recruiting me for their pharmacy program but I'd had enough of school at that time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

OMG a Teke? Just messing the TKE’s were good guys it’s just they and us were always battling for fraternity of the year!

What fraternity did you belong to? My son, who graduated from USI, is a Lambda Chi Alpha....

Their off-campus house, which was behind the Fall Festival, had an empty lot next to it and the fraternity made money parking cars there.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:15 PM, Drroogh said:

OMG a Teke? Just messing the TKE’s were good guys it’s just they and us were always battling for fraternity of the year!

I am a Teke, Ronald Reagan was too. I can show up anywhere, say the password and stay for free!

I'm too old to party though 

Edited by mrflynn03

• 3 weeks later...

An update on the West Side Nut Club Fall Festival going on down here in Evansville. The weather for the most part has cooperated, with the exception of yesterday Thursday, when the rain sort of put a little damper on the festivities. But the rain did stop late afternoon and the evening was fine. I took the grandkids on Tuesday, along with my son. We had fun eating and the kids playing games and $80 bucks poorer, kept telling myself it was all for a good cause. The big Half Pot drawing is now past the $1 million dollar mark!!! And I did buy my tickets so I'm keeping my fingers, eyes and toes crossed, LOL!!! 2 more days left, Friday and Saturday. 

So if you're in the area stop by and join the fun!!!

• Like 1