Curiosity questions about Hoosier Hysteria/Gucci Mane….

There doesn’t seem to be as much buzz on IU forums about Hoosier Hysteria this year as in years past. Is that an indication that attendance will be down for the event or are folks just not talking about it? Does having Gucci Mane involved boost attendance? Anyway, who all on this board is planning to come to HH? Where are you traveling from? Are you coming with family and young kids (who might both love IU basketball AND Gucci Mane) or meeting up with friends in Bloomington for Homecoming weekend? How early do you plan to arrive to stand in line to get good seats? At least there will be food trucks outside Assembly Hall starting at 4:30 this year so should make standing in line more tolerable. Do you plan to stay for Gucci Mane after the basketball activities are over? Again, just curiosity questions because the hype of HH seems to me to be lower key this year vs previous years.

20 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

There doesn’t seem to be as much buzz on IU forums about Hoosier Hysteria this year as in years past. Is that an indication that attendance will be down for the event or are folks just not talking about it? Does having Gucci Mane involved boost attendance? Anyway, who all on this board is planning to come to HH? Where are you traveling from? Are you coming with family and young kids (who might both love IU basketball AND Gucci Mane) or meeting up with friends in Bloomington for Homecoming weekend? How early do you plan to arrive to stand in line to get good seats? At least there will be food trucks outside Assembly Hall starting at 4:30 this year so should make standing in line more tolerable. Do you plan to stay for Gucci Mane after the basketball activities are over? Again, just curiosity questions because the hype of HH seems to me to be lower key this year vs previous years.

Jmo.  I'm a 42 year old white male.  GM is not for me.  It's for the students, team, and recruits.  As far as lack of buzz.  Outside of Trey and X, this is relatively and unknown team with, what 6 new guys?  A team ranked like 40th.  Not super buzzy.  

I started a HH thread last week. Maybe we can merge these? 

My wife and I are coming down from Chicagoland for the Rutgers game. HH was a bonus. Doubt I'll stick around for the rapper. Maybe catch the first few minutes if I don't have to wait long. 

Going to try and get to Bloomington by lunch time and go to Nick's. Not sure how early I will get to the stadium. Not concerned with getting the front row and standing in line. What time should I get there for rows 15-20?

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I started a HH thread last week. Maybe we can merge these? 

My wife and I are coming down from Chicagoland for the Rutgers game. HH was a bonus. Doubt I'll stick around for the rapper. Maybe catch the first few minutes if I don't have to wait long. 

Going to try and get to Bloomington by lunch time and go to Nick's. Not sure how early I will get to the stadium. Not concerned with getting the front row and standing in line. What time should I get there for rows 15-20?

Sorry but I really don't know.

This may be a controversial take, but I think in general, interest in the program is down.  

20 years of Davis, Sampson, Crean, and Archie wore down the fan base.  As one of our own, Woodson helped unite the fan base, but we're more content with it than we are excited about it.

Gucci Mane does nothing for me.  I would have considered attending, but I was travelling up and down the East coast visiting colleges with my daughter last week, and I just kind if want to stay close to home.

Going to a high school football sectional game instead.

Edited by 5fouls

4 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Since they moved it to Friday evening it prevents me from coming to it. I have probably went to 25+ HH or Mid Night Madnesses. I first started going when RMK was still here and it actually started at midnight.

Insert literally **any** musical artist or special guest, and you'll have some in the fanbase that love it and some that hate it. That's just the nature of individual preference...

I do agree with @NotIThatLives that this team has a lot of unknowns at the moment, which could play a factor in the overall buzz-worthiness. The roster is very intriguing, but so much of it is based around potential; we simply don't have the receipts yet.

The good news is that Woodson is building an identity within the program -- and the man certainly carries swagger.

Once the good results start to accumulate, watch out.

• Like 2

I’ll be there with Little Keet. We won’t be getting there early since we have work and school tomorrow. We will get there between 6:00-6:30 based on our drive and hitting a drive through on the way. We definitely won’t be staying for the concert. Like I said in the other HH thread, we need to have an HSN section an event like this sometime. 

• Like 2