Potential HC Candidates

KDB

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I mentioned this yesterday.  Herman, with a proven track record, will be able to parlay FAU into a job at a 'football' school faster than he would be able to at Indiana. 

Neither FAU nor Indiana is his end game, and he has the resume to get where he wants from FAU.  Moving to Indiana slows that process down.

Meh...after he leads IU to back to back national championships he won't ever want to leave Bloomington. :coffee:

21 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Fire up the flight tracker. There is a flight to Bloomington today from Columbus, OH

Not that I'm seeing... One in from Bentonville Arkansas, and one out to Palwaukee (Chicago Exec)...

So we either talked Bobby Petrino out of taking the Arkansas OC job, or are hiring Eberflus away from the Bears 😉

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not that I'm seeing... One in from Bentonville Arkansas, and one out to Palwaukee (Chicago Exec)...

So we either talked Bobby Petrino out of taking the Arkansas OC job, or are hiring Eberflus away from the Bears 😉

So, being the astute internet sleuth that I am, I figured it all out.

Eberflus to IU and Gruden to Bears! Now I can get some work done!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

There's no doubt he's a brilliant football mind...

But the compromising emails didn't just contain slurs... He was in a group that passed photos of topless women, including some of the Washington cheerleaders around...

We can say "boys will be boys" all we want, but I'd think something like that would be off-putting to any college president...

I like boobies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In regards to Gruden.... I get the concern. I get the potential backlash. I get that the President and AD would be sticking their necks out. But...

At what point does someone get another chance after having done some things a long time ago? If the university is serious about having a winning program, shouldn't the best candidate be hired. If Gruden is viewed as having the best credentials, isn't it time to take a leap of faith and give him a shot?

I am not saying that he should be the coach. I am not saying he should be automatically disqualified. I am saying that he should be given the opportunity to pursue the position, and let his coaching acumen be the determining factor.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In regards to Gruden.... I get the concern. I get the potential backlash. I get that the President and AD would be sticking their necks out. But...

At what point does someone get another chance after having done some things a long time ago? If the university is serious about having a winning program, shouldn't the best candidate be hired. If Gruden is viewed as having the best credentials, isn't it time to take a leap of faith and give him a shot?

I am not saying that he should be the coach. I am not saying he should be automatically disqualified. I am saying that he should be given the opportunity to pursue the position, and let his coaching acumen be the determining factor.

It won’t happen…but I and a lot of Hoosier Nation would be on the Gruden train. 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Has he ever even apologized for it?  And I don’t know, I’m just asking.  All I’ve ever heard that he’s done is sue the NFL for exposing the filth that he wrote.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Why not Candle...?

Just doesn't strike me as the dynamic leader IU needs to get to the next level...

He looks to be a decent MAC coach, but he's been there 7 years...if he was what we needed, I'd think some other lower tiered P5 school would have snatched him up... 

6 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Mike Hart was Associate Head Coach at Indiana for at least 1 year I believe.  What exactly does the Associate Head Coach do, kind of shadow the Head Coach and help with Head Coaching duties in terms of overall program planning or is it more game day and practice specific activities?

Correct. They help with some head coaching duties and if the head coach misses any time then they are who fills in. 

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You raise good points. But what if we interview him and he answers for everything in an impressive way?  That’s where I’m in the second chance camp.  

I hate the emails but having your private stuff leaked and destroying someone over it is incredibly ruthless.  You call Gruden vindictive but what about what the NFL did to him?  

Never..ever use a company account to send or receive a message you don’t want known. If you send from a private account to a company account that’s not private info anymore. Have you never signed a privacy document at work? Anything on a company computer is their property. 

2 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Never..ever use a company account to send or receive a message you don’t want known. If you send from a private account to a company account that’s not private info anymore. Have you never signed a privacy document at work? Anything on a company computer is their property. 

I support this statement.  Also assume you’re always being recorded.  Found out an employee was recording all Zoom calls we had with a shadow app.  Did not matter to me as I always assume the worst but that person used their recordings to try and sue after they were fired.

Also I do meetings still in person for hard and real conversations.  Digital trail is a real thing for sure.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Mike Hart was Associate Head Coach at Indiana for at least 1 year I believe.  What exactly does the Associate Head Coach do, kind of shadow the Head Coach and help with Head Coaching duties in terms of overall program planning or is it more game day and practice specific activities?

And he bailed on IU as soon as a spot became available at his alma mater. Not comfortable with that history.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

And he bailed on IU as soon as a spot became available at his alma mater. Not comfortable with that history.

Man, IUFB isn't the end all be all. Unless we hire a guy ready to retire, there's always a chance a coach or HC leave for a better job. Even guys like Frye or ARE could leave if they have success.