Potential HC Candidates

KDB

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

I know most want a proven guy.  But if we do make a change and don’t go with a proven guy I wonder if a guy like Brian Hartline would give us a look?

This hire is absolutely massive with the era of college football that IU is about to enter with the expansion of the conference and NIL. I think IU has to hire a proven guy to see immediate results.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KDB said:

This hire is absolutely massive with the era of college football that IU is about to enter with the expansion of the conference and NIL. I think IU has to hire a proven guy to see immediate results.

I don’t disagree.  But the title is potential HC Candidates.  I’d prefer a proven guy too but if we go an HC or DC route that should still be part of the conversation.

8 minutes ago, KDB said:

Who would that be that met that criteria. Do you mean a proven guy from a power 5 team or just an experienced hear coach 

So her are the categories of coaches I see as options:

1. Up and comers - flavor of the month MAC Coach, etc

2.  Coordinator (preferably offensive) from a big time program - a non alcoholic Kevin Wilson. 
3.  Guys looking for another chance willing to come here - Art Briles

4. SEC retread- Dan Mullen, that other guy Florida fired in the MAC, etc

5. Somebody from the ACC looking to get out before that conference implodes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I looked at his record and it wasn't great until the last two years at Oregon St

True. But Oregon State is a tough place to have success and he took over a team that won 7 games the 3 years before him. 

I just want and hope MSU continues to suck. 

Edited by mrflynn03
Ugh typos