2024 Transfer Portal

So will the approach be go out right away and get guys in the portal or wait for some better players to enter after they are eliminated. I want guys from winning programs who know what it takes to win.

Another thing is how our fans react when our first commit might he from a mid major even though he might be a bench player.

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So will the approach be go out right away and get guys in the portal or wait for some better players to enter after they are eliminated. I want guys from winning programs who know what it takes to win.

Another thing is how our fans react when our first commit might he from a mid major even though he might be a bench player.

I’m honestly fine with getting productive mid major players, as long as it includes guys who are wings/guards who were productive from the perimeter. Last season we clearly needed guard help after the season, and we went and added two centers and two power forwards. If we do that again, even if they’re talented players, it’ll be hard to have faith that next season will be any better.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

who knows the way we recruit

i really am curious in people's updated wish list as we go.  i know it's early, so it will change often.  seems like right now (not necessarily in order):

AJ Casey

Christian Watson

Lee Dort

Koren Johnson

Michael Ajayi

Jacob Crews

Nils Cooper

Marcus Foster

Jakobi Gillespie

Jalen Blackmon

Would we want all of those guys if we can get them?

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Agree.  Also suggest we screen recruits better in regard to FTs %.   Shannon from IL sunk 15-17 today in championship game.   

19 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i really am curious in people's updated wish list as we go.  i know it's early, so it will change often.  seems like right now (not necessarily in order):

AJ Casey

Christian Watson

Lee Dort

Koren Johnson

Michael Ajayi

Jacob Crews

Nils Cooper

Marcus Foster

Jakobi Gillespie

Jalen Blackmon

Im curious which are proven PGs.  Anybody help on this?

3 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

My top concern is that we will get “stuck” with what we get by assuming we can be picky or deserving. I understand NiL availability, but we don’t offer much else as far as on the floor product. I hope I’m wrong. 

I don’t trust Woodson whatsoever to make any good decision with building this program. And if I was a recruit I’d have very little desire to come to IU at this time

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I don’t trust Woodson whatsoever to make any good decision with building this program. And if I was a recruit I’d have very little desire to come to IU at this time

It pains me to admit this, but if I were a high level D1 player coming out of high school this year, I would go to Purdue and play for Painter over IU/Woodson...no question...and I say that as a kid who grew up rooting for IU.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

money talks though

I said in some thread here back around January that we were going to see just how strong our alleged NIL prowess is this off season. We are about to find out. The thing I think we all need to remember though is that we aren’t the only school with money to spend. I feel like some of our fan base thinks no one will outspend us and we’ll just buy anyone we want. It’s not going to be that easy. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

AJ Casey

Christian Watson

Lee Dort

Koren Johnson

Michael Ajayi

Jacob Crews

Nils Cooper

Marcus Foster

Jakobi Gillespie

Jalen Blackmon

I don’t know much about any of these guys, but a lot of them have impressive numbers. Any guard who can shoot is a yes for me.

What’s the deal with the first 3 guys? None of them seem very impressive outside of being bench players on power conference teams

Just now, Indykev said:

this is the kid the other team always has that kicks our head in every game.

I know right! With all issues going on with Woodson potentially not being around after 2025 you have to think we need Grad Transfers. NIL+Grad Transfer is where we have to look right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

It pains me to admit this, but if I were a high level D1 player coming out of high school this year, I would go to Purdue and play for Painter over IU/Woodson...no question...and I say that as a kid who grew up rooting for IU.

Not just that, unless they are a lifetime fan having it ingrained into them, you’d have to question the priorities of anyone choosing IU.  These are the types of guys we’d roll in the past and now that’s us.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1