2024 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Looked at his stats. He takes 6-15 shots per game. In the last 10 games he’s attempted a total of four rwos

For every great game he has 5 bad games and he’s an absolute liability on defense. I’d certainly take him but he’s hardly worth drooling over

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Can we get Gohlke from Oakland as a grad transfer? Good grief….. he is insane!!!

13 hours ago, jojo123 said:

How about giving Golke a call Mike. 

Gohlke is a 24 year old grad student.  I doubt seriously if he has eligibility.

11 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Sure be nice if we could find a D2 guy that can hit 10 3s against UK

It would be nice if we could find any guy that could hit any 3's against Little Sisters of the Poor & Deaf Northeastern Tech.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He shoots 38% from 3 on 10 attempts a game. Not sure what the diss could be, I'd also doubt many of you watch many Oakland games. 

I think it's worth noting that the percentage and attempts have multiple positive byproducts; for a player like Gohlke (as we saw last night) 38% is the lower end... conceivably there are nights where the player goes 7-10 or 8-13... he went 50% on 20 attempts! Not only is that a nice heat check, it gets the crowd going, it can equalize the other team, and most importantly, just the mere threat of taking the shot means there is extra energy used by the defense to try and stop it. The floor is stretched, lanes open, all good things.

I hope other shooters watched Gohlke last night. I absolutely loved his pre-ball movement. He rarely just stood around. Moved a lot like Reggie back in the day. When you're hitting shots, you are absolutely draining your opponent physically and mentally.

• Like 5

Just now, MoyeCowbell said:

I think it's worth noting that the percentage and attempts have multiple positive byproducts; for a player like Gohlke (as we saw last night) 38% is the lower end... conceivably there are nights where the player goes 7-10 or 8-13... he went 50% on 20 attempts! Not only is that a nice heat check, it gets the crowd going, it can equalize the other team, and most importantly, just the mere threat of taking the shot means there is extra energy used by the defense to try and stop it. The floor is stretched, lanes open, all good things.

I hope other shooters watched Gohlke last night. I absolutely loved his pre-ball movement. He rarely just stood around. Moved a lot like Reggie back in the day. When you're hitting shots, you are absolutely draining your opponent physically and mentally.

Very much like Reggie Miller coming off of downscreens and popping out for threes. They ran a lot of stuff for him too. Old School and very effective. Their coach ran a clinic last night. Not only on the offensive end, but KY never really figured out Oakland's zone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

Very much like Reggie Miller coming off of downscreens and popping out for threes. They ran a lot of stuff for him too. Old School and very effective. Their coach ran a clinic last night. Not only on the offensive end, but KY never really figured out Oakland's zone. 

What was hilarious to me is that as quick of a release he has, coupled with the fantastic footwork to get open, set and shoot, he turns around and runs as plodding and slow as Michael Durr down the court.

I guess they say 'pace' is everything.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Ehhh 38% is not the lower end. its the average. 

His last 5 games he shot 27-58 47%. But earlier in the season on a 13 game stretch he shot 23-87 26%

41 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Ehhh 38% is not the lower end. its the average. 

His last 5 games he shot 27-58 47%. But earlier in the season on a 13 game stretch he shot 23-87 26%

I'd like know the % of orebs Oakland gets off his misses. 

38% is the new 40%, you're right. 

Edited by btownqb

21 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I heard we’re scheduling both of them next year. 

A lil birdy told me that Nicolas Cage is using all of the "directional state" games as the road map for National Treasure 3.....supposed to be a 2 feature story. 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They’ve run that junk defense all year. Cal had a week to prepare for it with the best players in the country and failed as usual. Just a terrible x/o coach. Hell of a recruiter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He was at Hillsdale for 5 years, including a redshirt season. He's using his 6th year of eligibility at Oakland

Just another example of older players/teams beating younger teams. People say "that's an excuse". No it's not, it's reality. And with the portal you're going to see it more and more. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Just another example of older players/teams beating younger teams. People say "that's an excuse". No it's not, it's reality. And with the portal you're going to see it more and more. 

Part of that is Cal's issue as he recruits the younger 1 and dones. I would hope it would be drastically less, as Gallo's class is the last to have the covid extra year eligibility, no?

• Like 1

With so many names going in, it's tough to know who's been mentioned and who hasn't. Scrolling Twitter since the games tipped today, I saw Borzello mention a couple:

JP Pegues, guard from Furman. First team all So-Con, 18.4 points, 4.8 assists, over 36% from 3

Jordan Sears, guard from UT Martin. First team all OVC for two seasons. 21.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 4.5 assists.

Lots of guard talent out there, hope we get some.