Jalen Hood Schifino Developing Well In the G League

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

Pretty wild that NBA teams continue to shell out lottery pick level cash just to send kids to the D league, instead of adopting an MLB style draft system. 

I guess, what's the difference in the way they're doing it now? Pretty similar. 

I really hope JHS blows up and becomes a star.  I really did enjoy watching him play.  Unfortunately, those 22 points need to translate when he gets the chance.  I mean Garza from Iowa averages like 36 in the G League and 2.7 in the NBA.  It is so hard to translate that sometimes.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I really hope JHS blows up and becomes a star.  I really did enjoy watching him play.  Unfortunately, those 22 points need to translate when he gets the chance.  I mean Garza from Iowa averages like 36 in the G League and 2.7 in the NBA.  It is so hard to translate that sometimes.

It really is. Especially for those guys that are "just a tick below average" athletically for NBA spot. TJ Leaf is a great example. DOMINATED the G league, couldn't make it work with the Pacers. Maybe Garza is the same, maybe JHS is in the category, we'll see. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

It really is. Especially for those guys that are "just a tick below average" athletically for NBA spot. TJ Leaf is a great example. DOMINATED the G league, couldn't make it work with the Pacers. Maybe Garza is the same, maybe JHS is in the category, we'll see. 

My fear for JHS is he is just a tad unathletic.  He isn't jump out of the Arena like alot of them.  Can he make, i sure as hell hope so.  Such a good kid

• Like 2

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

I guess, what's the difference in the way they're doing it now? Pretty similar. 

MLB model would allow generational phenoms to go pro out of high school. The rest spend 3 years in college.
Everyone wins…Colleges keep their stars, kids actually develop while making real money, NBA owners can draft proven talent (rather than taking fliers on 19 year old projects) who are ready day one instead of paying $4M a year hoping they actually pan out.