2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

FWIW-- what @RoadToZion has said since Thurs, Fri.... (obviously things change) there really aren't any other rumored schools with Rice. No visits set up, nothing. 

I mean-- the kid was the FOY 1st All Team All Pac 12 and there is nothing on him other than IU stuff. 

It does seem "Rice to IU" might have already happened 

• Like 7

I'm kinda lukewarm on Payne...

Love his motor, but he's a post player, and, as some have said, probably not a good fit with Malik...Plus, he had back issues last year, and those can be troublesome...

He's a big, physical kid who plays hard and blocks his share of shots though...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KDB said:

Rice is a stud man. If you get Conwell to go with him and some other pieces we can easily be a top 25 team.

Kane Brown concert in Bloomington Friday, as well. Didn't know that. The short shorts will be out and about. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

I've seen people mentioning this guy for weeks. Was it a known thing he was entering the portal or something?

I'd guess it was known that his coach would be leaving at the end of the year, given the season Indiana State was having.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

I've seen people mentioning this guy for weeks. Was it a known thing he was entering the portal or something?

I’m from St. Louis area and know a guy who played for SLU and has some connections. He knew for weeks that he was coming to SLU. I think 4 if not all 5 starters follow the coach to SLU. To me Conwell is the one high end prospect who could benefit going to a power 5 school. If IU pursues then IMO it would come down to SLU and IU.

• Like 1