Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Billy Donovan 

I wasn’t the only one saying that.  I’m glad we got Archie anyway, it’s for the better. Romeo is still very much in play.  Still hearing in the end he will be a Hoosier.  Hoosier Hysteria will blow his doors off.  Hopefully the Garlands too!

29 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I wasn’t the only one saying that.  I’m glad we got Archie anyway, it’s for the better. Romeo is still very much in play.  Still hearing in the end he will be a Hoosier.  Hoosier Hysteria will blow his doors off.  Hopefully the Garlands too!

Im hoping your right.. fingers crossed! 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Scuttlebutt is that the Langford's are considering changing to an OV, in order to spend more time with the Garland's.

I hope he makes it an official. That's one less official he makes elsewhere and I want him to get the whole weekend experience.  That can't be a bad thing unless there are strippers.

Someone also needs to make sure Hanner Perea stays away.

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

The intel on Donovan was legit. I was getting it from numerous sources.  What caused it to go off the rails was when Billy was reluctant to pull the trigger for IU.... forcing Glass to go another route.  And frankly.... I am glad it turned out the way it did.

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sounds great and being official he will be able to spend more time on campus with garland.

Exactly.  What's also great is that to the best of my knowledge each will have their families, not just a mom or dad, but their families on campus at the same time also.

All too often, we fans concentrate on the recruit alone. In this case it is important to know that this will be a big weekend for two families, not just the recruits.

Just thinking out loud here. Something has had to of changed to make this an official. Maybe Lanford's family wants to wrap up the visits and start the process of dwindling things down before his season starts? Not sure but there has to be a reason. I'm hoping 0708 implication means good news. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just thinking out loud here. Something has had to of changed to make this an official. Maybe Lanford's family wants to wrap up the visits and start the process of dwindling things down before his season starts? Not sure but there has to be a reason. I'm hoping 0708 implication means good news. 

Or both Langford and Garland want to commit while they’re in Bloomington...

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Exactly.  What's also great is that to the best of my knowledge each will have their families, not just a mom or dad, but their families on campus at the same time also.

All too often, we fans concentrate on the recruit alone. In this case it is important to know that this will be a big weekend for two families, not just the recruits.

From what I have read is that Garland's father loves IU and hopefully so will his son.

I get the feeling Archie is all business so maybe he wouldn't do this but with forecast of 75 and sunny Saturday....I would have an assistant drive Romeo and Garland and their families (multiple carts) by the lines that will certainly be long about 20 minutes before door opens. Let them experience almost a procession if you will and let them take it all in. Our fan base is one of our biggest strengths. Makes sense to show it off inside and outside!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I get the feeling Archie is all business so maybe he wouldn't do this but with forecast of 75 and sunny Saturday....I would have an assistant drive Romeo and Garland and their families (multiple carts) by the lines that will certainly be long about 20 minutes before door opens. Let them experience almost a procession if you will and let them take it all in. Our fan base is one of our biggest strengths. Makes sense to show it off inside and outside!

If it's 75 and sunny just take the drive down sorority row.

18 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I hope he makes it an official. That's one less official he makes elsewhere and I want him to get the whole weekend experience.  That can't be a bad thing unless there are strippers.

Someone also needs to make sure Hanner Perea stays away.

Yes. Please do not let any current players drive cars this weekend. 

I think if after his visit he knows then why wait? Begin enjoying your Mr. Basketball season with the full support of Hoosier Nation.  I remember traveling all over the state trying to get tix  to watch Luke Recker play after his announcement.   There were as many or more fans in IU gear than Dekalb. That I think would be a big draw for a guy closing in on his legendary high school career.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think if after his visit he knows then why wait? Begin enjoying your Mr. Basketball season with the full support of Hoosier Nation.  I remember traveling all over the state trying to get tix  to watch Luke Recker play after his announcement.   There were as many or more fans in IU gear than Dekalb. That I think would be a big draw for a guy closing in on his legendary high school career.

Romeo's father said if it feels right, they'll pull the trigger. But the "plan" is spring.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do you guys feel that if he waits until spring then the performance of IU this season is the main factor?

The plan since late Spring has been for Romeo to commit in the Spring.  And that was when he had more schools on his list than he does now. As for Garland, the plan has been for him to commit in November, once his OV's are complete.  So far I have not seen anything that either plan has changed.

Having said that, we just saw how Romeo, changed his visit to an OV. So plans can change.  It will be interested to see if either one or both of Garland's or Langford's plans change after Hoosier Hysteria.

Archived