Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Anyone listening to Dakich? He's apparently saying Romeo is committing to IU. I don't listen, but I do actually trust his IU insider info.

I hope he is Finally right about something. Steve Alford says hello. Throw enough things out you have to hit on one thing after a while.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Anyone listening to Dakich? He's apparently saying Romeo is committing to IU. I don't listen, but I do actually trust his IU insider info.

I was listening about 2:40 and he thought Romeo would go to IU but I never heard he said he would commit to IU right now.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was listening about 2:40 and he thought Romeo would go to IU but I never heard he said he would commit to IU right now.

The Langfords have been saying for months that Romeo would not be committing on any campus. Based on that, and  unless that has changed, I highly doubt we will see a commitment while he is in B-town. 

I know Romeo and Garland are different level of recruits because of rankings. With that said...what I've been most impressed with Archie (and staff) is they close. Retain all 3 of Crean's recruits. Go out and land multiple 4 star players. Now we get our first taste of big boy closing. If we can land either Garland or Romeo I'll be in heaven. 

23 hours ago, Indykev said:

I hope he is Finally right about something. Steve Alford says hello. Throw enough things out you have to hit on one thing after a while.

Yeah...color me skeptical on his "inside" knowledge after how he flogged Alford when even us casual fans were confident that IU would not be that short-sighted. I'm no insider but I never thought Alford had a chance and that ultimately proved to be true.

Sure, I think it's very possible Romeo ends up picking IU...but not because Dakich says so.

23 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Forgot about the Alford stuff. That dampens my mood. I was thinking back to him being confident about Zeller.

I was confident about Zeller too, but I had a friend at Zeller's school who saw a large package from IU delivered shortly before his announcement...might have been the day before...my memory is a little foggy on the details.

...and no, it was not a FedEx envelope full of cash. xD

Well, this could be a very interesting week, as we saw last week, when Romeo changed his visit to an OV.  What will make this week interesting will be to see if the Langford's follow through on the Kansas OV.  What I have been finding out about the Langford family over the course of the past couple of months, is that they are a very honorable family. And if Kansas has no chance, I could see them cancelling based on the fact that they would not want to take advantage of a school with no chance.

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Romeo will be a Hoosier, it’s over boys.  He was blown away from what I’m hearing.  Actually blown away isn’t even a strong enough statement.  The Garland family was extremely, extremely impressed as well

Any idea who the favorite is for Garland right now? IU or Vandy i'm assuming.. but which one?

Archived