Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Romeo has already stated he’s down to 3 several times.  Nothing to see here, move along.  Commits to Lville a month later.......

Correct.  As recently as yesterday, Romeo stated he would never consider Louisville, no matter who became their coach.

Romeo Langford: stuff  it coach Mack !

Fifth paragraph down.  Well Romeo didn't really say stuff it Coach Mack.  But HE DID say he would not consider Louisville, regardless of who became their coach.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Correct.  As recently as yesterday, Romeo stated he would never consider Louisville, no matter who became their coach.

Mile, are you still receiving any information from your sources? Not asking you to share I just want to know if there is still information coming your way. 

Thank you

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Fifth paragraph down.  Well Romeo didn't really say stuff it Coach Mack.  But HE DID say he would not consider Louisville, regardless of who became their coach.

Now we see if there really is a process in place or if it was all talk. 

32 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I think I saw on this recruiting thread where Mack called Romeos' parents??

Yeah, I saw it too.  It said Mack called Tim L. and discussed Romeo.  Tim simply said he would pass on the call to Romeo, and it was up to Romeo to do with it what he wants.

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Mile, are you still receiving any information from your sources? Not asking you to share I just want to know if there is still information coming your way. 

Thank you

Things have been extremely quite on the "Romeo Front ". Value  sources aren't hearing much either.  A few tidbits here and there.  But nothing to sink my teeth into.

Right now, I would be very dubious of anyone who claims to have solid information in terms of Romeo. 

20 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Things have been extremely quite on the "Romeo Front ". Value  sources aren't hearing much either.  A few tidbits here and there.  But nothing to sink my teeth into.

Right now, I would be very dubious of anyone who claims to have solid information in terms of Romeo. 

Thank you. And for the record I know absolutely nothing about Romeo's recruitment. 

25 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

To the Langfords credit they have handled this extremely close to the vest.  I still say Vandy but I've also said pay close attention to the announcement location.  If it was Vandy or KU common sense would say announce this week at the McDonald's game.  It it's in New Albany common sense says it has to be IU.  I can't believe the Langfords would be dumb enough to announce in front of a very pro IU crowd that he's going elsewhere.   If that was the case he should just call the coaches and let them know and skip a formal announcement.  If IU fans are looking for a reason for optimism a New Albany announcement would be it.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This feels a little like the Cody recruitment, except that with Cody I was pretty sure he was going to pick IU, and with Yogi waiting.

Still, comparing the two -- KU feels a little like UNC, and Vandy feels a little like Butler.

I thought about this too. Some thought UNC, others thought butler, some IU. Was a big moment like I’m sure this one will be as well...

Just now, Coach Robby said:

I thought about this too. Some thought UNC, others thought butler, some IU. Was a big moment like I’m sure this one will be as well...

Yes that was a fun day. I remember watching his announcement on my computer at work. There are similarities here, and differences, another big day for sure.

54 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This feels a little like the Cody recruitment, except that with Cody I was pretty sure he was going to pick IU, and with Yogi waiting.

Still, comparing the two -- KU feels a little like UNC, and Vandy feels a little like Butler.

I was pretty confident a couple of days ahead of Cody's announcement.  Had a friend close to the athletic department tell me that Cody got a large package in the AD office from IU a couple of days before the announcement.  Mile can vouch. ^_^

Romeo, like Cody, has done a great job keeping everyone guessing thus far. That's evident by looking at his crystal ball. Amazing that it's showing a toss-up this late in the game..

A few notes on this epic thread:

1035 views per day ( 10 of them mine? )

43 views per hour

1 every 83 seconds.

Recent thread stats (after 5 Budweisers):

1 view every 76.6 seconds since thread inception

1 view every 23.1 seconds in the last 178 hours ( 1 week + 10 hours ).

36 views while posting this with the beer slowing me down.

Thread stat updates, (no beer tonight):

1 view every 72 seconds since OP.

1200 views per day along with 2 pages growth per day.

52.7% of all posts in this sub forum (BB recruitment) are in this thread.

20 views added while 'mathing'.

Conclusion:  at the current rate, we can expect roughly 34 more pages before announcement. 

1 minute ago, PoHoosier said:

Thread stat updates, (no beer tonight):

1 view every 72 seconds since OP.

1200 views per day along with 2 pages growth per day.

52.7% of all posts in this sub forum (BB recruitment) are in this thread.

20 views added while 'mathing'.

Conclusion:  at the current rate, we can expect roughly 34 more pages before announcement

Oh Goody.....  O.o

5 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Just read an article saying Romeo said this week that he plans to visit Indiana one more time (which we already know) and thst it's likely he goes to Nashville to meet with Drew one more time... 

I read that too, but have not heard another source to back it up.  That would be a significant development.  Romeo has said each coach will get a last chance to talk, but a trip to Nashville has not been mentioned.  This writer, Fletcher Page, is a UK sports writer for the Courier Journal out of Louisville.  He’s rarely written about Romeo this past year, but now is busting out articles left and right.  It’s obvious he has an anti IU / pro Vandy lean.

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I was pretty confident a couple of days ahead of Cody's announcement.  Had a friend close to the athletic department tell me that Cody got a large package in the AD office from IU a couple of days before the announcement.  Mile can vouch. ^_^

Yes.  You I can vouch.  But you really need to clarify.  The package was packed with IU gear, and nothing of the nature that Kentucky players used to receive.   LOL

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Wish Marni Mooney was still at IU. Whether on purpose or accident...who she followed on twitter was always the best source of who we were getting yes answers from. She wouldn't follow everyone but would follow I believe the one's she started working with academically...even if they hadn't announced.

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not much of a pitch.

No McD's All-Americans have ever come here, now we got 2. Come be the 3rd or 4th! We're making history just by going there! Who cares if we're good or not? 

While I really hope (and think) Romeo chooses IU. I really hope (and think) he doesn't choose Vandy. If anything goes wrong for him and he doesn't make the NBA for whatever reason (injury, etc.), if he comes to IU (or KU I would assume), he will have a support system in place that Vandy can't provide. Sure, he'll have an education from any of the schools and Vandy's might be the most prestigious, but Hoosier Nation would respect and support him no matter how his basketball career turns out. Vandy's FAN can't match that.

Archived