Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Man, we really got spoiled with info the last couple of days. Been a real snoozefest today lol

Mathew Hurt giving us a home visit was a bonus surprisefor today. Imagine if we statrted being Kansas to their top targets. I thought it was a definite possibility if the right things fell into place. I wouldn’t call it a long shot but it definitely was a possible scenario. I kind of felt like if Archie would either land those 5 star players in year two or three  and really keep it going or he’d miss early and that ship would sail.

Kind of an all or nothing type thing for top top players.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Breaking news....Kansas named as one of 4 teams where payments were being to players. Josh Jackson was named. Can't hurt our chances if it was close that Kansas is getting ready to have investigators squarely up their back side for the near future.

Great news!!!

79413E6A-650E-494F-BCB9-27FDAA852E42.jpeg

The only time I've ever been close to some good information was with Cliff Alexander and Kansas. Famous hat switch from Illinois to Kansas at announcement. That morning he was going to Illinois and someone came in late with help. Needless to say this Kansas news makes me very happy. Self did it at Illinois....and has been doing it at Kansas for 14+ years.

I also found this on a Kansas board. It came from an IU fan..."Slater told Rabby (who he referred to in his earlier tweet predicting Vandy- Rabjohns) that he switched after hanging out at Jordan Brand and talking with Romeo and others on Sunday. Hence the switch on Sunday night."

I guess this either shows that Romeo mentioned something to Slater that night or Slater's just guessing based on Romeo's demeanor. 

You can check out all the ridiculous things KU fans are saying on the scout page. It's good stuff

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

I also found this on a Kansas board. It came from an IU fan..."Slater told Rabby (who he referred to in his earlier tweet predicting Vandy- Rabjohns) that he switched after hanging out at Jordan Brand and talking with Romeo and others on Sunday. Hence the switch on Sunday night."

I guess this either shows that Romeo mentioned something to Slater that night or Slater's just guessing based on Romeo's demeanor. 

You can check out all the ridiculous things KU fans are saying on the scout page. It's good stuff

Something tells me Kansas has other worries right now. 

Just now, Coach Robby said:

Archie is a few weeks away from like being on a “heater” at a craps table...sorry for the gambling reference...but it’s about to get wild on the recruiting scene!

I'm going to remain cautious but if Romeo comes Archie can spin it a few ways. Play with Romeo (TJD, Watford, Brooks) or if he leaves after 1 year do your thing with us just as Romeo did. Flood gates could open. 

There has been a lot of speculation and a fair amount of kvetching over the fact that the Langford family has seemed to draw this out for so long.

I think this new information illustrates why some kids are hesitant to commit. I think that there are more than a few coaches who are running scared over whether they are going to be incriminated like Self just was. I don't blame Romeo or any family for holding off to see where the dust settles.

How awful would it have been for Romeo had he committed to Kansas last week only to have this come out today 

3 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

There has been a lot of speculation and a fair amount of kvetching over the fact that the Langford family has seemed to draw this out for so long.

I think this new information illustrates why some kids are hesitant to commit. I think that there are more than a few coaches who are running scared over whether they are going to be incriminated like Self just was. I don't blame Romeo or any family for holding off to see where the dust settles.

How awful would it have been for Romeo had he committed to Kansas last week only to have this come out today 

And I have been kvetching over this tread a loooonng time....   xD

Archived